The other side of you

Yeon Rin's POV

"Nae Il Hwan oppa, I'll be there in another 5 minutes" I said on the phone.

"Arasseo.. Just do it as how I thought you. Sorry that you had to control the FOH alone, I had to return to the office, it's urgent" he apologised.

"Anyi, it's okay. Safe trip, oppa!" I hung up and entered the stadium. The very cold stadium.

*FOH (Front Of House) - where all sound engineers do their work during concerts

~~~
Chanyeol's POV

"Should we go straight to the stadium?" Yong Han hyung asked. "You still have an hour before your slot.." he added.

"Let's just go there.. we get to see Red Velvet!" Suho hyung decided. "Here's one fanboy who gets to see them rehearsing" Sehun pointed at Suho, making us all laugh.

"Arasseo, let's go there" Yong Han hyung nodded.

As we reached the stadium, I could see a familiar black Land Rover Defender parked in front of the stadium. "Shortie is here" I announced, smirking to my members.

"Shortie?" They looked outside. "Shortie.." They nodded.

Sliding the door open, we can hear 'Dumb Dumb Dumb' playing. "THAT'S MY JAM RIGHT THERE!"

Suho hyung jumped down and ran inside. "Like I said, a fanboy" Sehun shook his head as we went down.

Entering the stadium, we sat at the audience's place while other groups rehearse. My eyes looked over the FOH to see if Yeon Rin is there.

As expected, shortie's there working diligently.

Fighting, uri Yeon Rinnie!

~~~
Yeon Rin's POV

"Where's the set list?" I asked our new staff, Seo Joon. "Set list, set list, set list" he mumbled as he searched through his file.

"Cheo... noona.." He called. "I apologise, but I think I left it at the office.." he muttered.

"How can you forgot something like that?" I sighed. "Did you bring your laptop?" I asked. "Nae.. I have a copy in it" He stated.

"Arasseo, let's use that first" I said. "I'll go take it, excuse me noona" He bowed and left.

"Hey shortie" Suddenly a deep voice spoke behind me, causing me to flinch.

"Yoda, you're here!" I smiled as he took a seat beside me.

"Yah, why do you look unwell?" He asked and at the same time, he placed a hand on my forehead.

"Hands off, boi!" I pushed his hand away and fixed my fringe.

"Yah.." he called.

"Park Yeon Rin, are you sick?" he asked.

I looked at him and yes, he looks DAMN serious.

"Just a slight fever, I've taken my medicine so I should be fine" I gave him two thumbs up.

"SLIGHT?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Okay maybe not, but I'm fine" I reassured.

"And how did you act when I told you the same thing when I was sick?" He asked.

"I'm fine, Chanyeol" I repeated. He sighed as he took off his sweater and wrapped it around me.

"I can't tell you to stop working but I can at least make sure you feel warm" he winked.

"Yeah sure, you can help me take my sweater in the car instead, this sweater is too big" I joked.

"Oh just wear it for god's sake" he scoffed.

Smiling to his actions, I wore it properly and thanked him.

"Work hard, shortie! I'll see you on stage" he patted my head and left to join his members.

~~~~
After RV and NCT127 are done with their rehearsals, it's time for me to work with Exo.

"Okay so we're going to try one song, then we'll continue with Chanyeol's solo and we'll try it from the beginning until the end, okay?" I informed.

"Nae!" They nodded.

I looked at every member but as soon as I looked at Chanyeol, I could tell that he's still worried about me.

Ignorning him, I played 'Don't Go' and they started singing.

Since there's not much of the choreography, the members wandered around the stage but to my surprise, Chanyeol came to sit right in front of me.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked regarding the sound.

"That is one cool sweater you're wearing" He ignored my question.

Just then, the crew from backstage called me through the walkie talkie.

"Where shall I put Chanyeol's guitar?" he asked.

"At the left side of the stage" I answered. "Nae" the crew said.

"Play your solo well, Park Chan Yeol" I instructed as soon as the song ended.

"Nae!" he nodded and the rehearsal went well until the end.

~~
*lunch time*

"Oh, Yeon Rin ah, how's everything?" Il Hwan oppa asked as he reached the stadium.

"Nae, oppa. There's only Shinee, BoA and Super Junior left for the rehearsals. The rest are good to go" I informed.

"Yah, are you sick?" he asked. "Ah.. nae.." I slightly nodded.

"Aish you should've told me earlier" he hit my head lightly with a piece of paper.

"Go, I'll take care of the rest so you go and have lunch. You can go home if you want to" He stated.

"And let you work with Seo Joon?  Just the two of you? I doubt it, it's okay. I'll come back after lunch" I objected.

"Yeah you're right, I can never work alone with that kid" He sighed and nodded.

Making my way backstage, I saw Chanyeol walking towards me.

"Anyeong!" I waved but instead of waving back, he placed his hand on my forehead and just like that, he flicked my forehead.

"Ouch! Aish what's that for??" I grumbled.

"That's for not taking care of yourself. Your fever is still there, can't you just go home?" he asked.

"Look, I told you that I'll be fine" I convinced.

"But you're not, Yeon Rin ah" He sighed.

"Have you eaten?" He asked. "I'm on my way to have lunch.." I answered.

"I can't accompany you.." he mumbled. "We're going back to the office for our next program. Make sure you eat, okay?" He instructed.

"I will, I promise.. here, thank you for lending me your sweater" Just as I was about to take his sweater off, he held my hand and pulled it away.

"I don't need it. Just put it on and get well soon.. Please" He pleaded.

"Ara- arasseo.." I nodded and put it back on.

"I'll see you around" he gave me a smile and patted my head before leaving.

~~~~~
I'm sorry for the late update T0T

I'm not going to say much on this chapter, but let me give a hint of what's going to happen in the next chapter.

..................heart?................

Omo, I can't help but to cringe while writing that chapter 😂

So, that's the hint! I hope you guys like this chapter and the upcoming chapters too!❤️

Xoxo, SushiQwi 🌸