If It's Meant To Be

Yeon Rin's POV

"I heard you can speak Japanese fluently?" Sae acknowledged.

"Omo, anyi anyi.. I can just speak a little since I enjoy watching JDramas during high school" I corrected.

"Ahh I see~" Sae nodded.

"Here we are!" Sae pointed at a black car in front of us. "This will be your car!" She stated.

"You're kidding right?" I raised an eyebrow, unable to believe that I'll be driving a Honda CR-Z.

"Nope! It's all yours! Well, actually it's your boss's car but he told us to lend it to you while you're working here" Sae explained.

"Ah, nae...." I nodded, thinking of all the facilities Sansaengnim had provided for me in hopes that I'd do my very best here..

I can't let him down.. I can never do that.

"I'll drive you to your house first, then we can go straight to the company. We've got lots of work to do!" She mentioned.

"Ah.. nae nae" I nodded. "We live on the same block in the same condominium, but I think your house is 4 floors above mine.." Sae added as we got into the car.

"You know.." She spoke as we were on our way. "Soo Man sansaengnim told me a lot about you.." she said.

"Hm?" I questioned.

"He.. he told me about your relationship.." She stated.
.
.
.
I blinked a few time, trying to process what Sae had said.

"He t- he told you about my relationship..?" I slightly chuckled.

"But it's okay, I mean, your secret's safe with me and besides, we have that kind of relationships too in the company" Sae mentioned.

"Ah.. but.. I don't think I have a relationship anymore.." Looking down to my fingers, I let out a deep sigh.

"He doesn't like long distance relationships, so do I.." I explained.

"Did you.. did you break up?" She asked.

"I uh, I actually left him without saying goodbye, and just wished him all the best.. I... I ju- .." I stopped.

"Hey" Sae patted my shoulder.

"If it's meant to be, it will be.. If he really is for you, then no matter how far you guys are, no matter how long you guys separate from each other, you'll still end up being together.. and if you're not meant for each other, then time will help you move on along the way" she adviced.

Smiling, I felt happy to have Sae as someone close to me during my stay here.
~~~
Chanyeol's POV

It's been two days since Yeon Rin left. Sitting in this studio of hers, I can't help but to think of the memories we had.

Starting from the day I came, to the day I fell for her charms, to the day we stayed in her work room and cuddled all day long.. it does feel empty, to be honest.

All I'm trying to bear in mind is that I'm waiting for someone I love to come back.

*knock knock*

Lost in my mind, I didn't realise Soo Man sansaengnim stopping by and entering the studio.

"Oh! Sansaengnim" I quickly stood up and bowed. Then I felt a pat on my shoulder.

"You miss her, don't you?" He asked.

I didn't answer to his question but only to let out a slight chuckle.

Sansaengnim invited me to sit down as he let out a deep sigh.

"I'm sorry that I let this happen.." He apologised. "Anyi, sansaengnim" I quickly shook my head.

"Besides, she deserves that offer.." I added.

"More than she deserves you?" He asked, taking me aback.

"I hope you'll hold on to that necklace, Chanyeol.. but, if you decided to move on and carry out a new life, then I don't mind you returning it back to me" He stated.

Holding on to the locket on my chest, I smiled.

"I'll hold on to it for now" I said.

"Don't you.." he paused "Don't you wanna ask me something? Or.. anything?" He asked.

Taking a deep breath, I decided to be honest.

"How did she react when she heard about the offer?" I asked.

"She.. she was happy.. But the smile on her face wasn't for long" He explained.

"Was she upset until the end?" I asked.

".... she was.." He slightly nodded.

"Chanyeollie.." Sansaengnin patted my back.

"She'll be fine, you know that. She's an amazing person, she'll do wonders there" he described.

"Let's just hope the best for her and we, too, must do our best here.. okay?" He added.

The thought of Yeon Rin is no longer here still burns my soul. Too much questions going through my mind. Too many assumptions came up. Is she doing well, did she really left me for good, what if she doesn't want to be with me anymore, will I be able to move on, will I be able to do better than before..

All these questions that can only be answered by time..

It somehow overpowered me slowly. And as long as the questions are still there, I don't think I can ever be at peace.

Am I allowed to miss you, Yeonnie? Because I really do..