The Scar and Fear

Yeon Rin's POV

"So you're really leaving?" Il Hwan oppa asked.

"Nae.." I nodded.

"Well it's not like you have a choice" He chuckled. "Does Chanyeol knows about this?" Hae Jin who was beside me asked.

Sighing, I shook my head.

"I don't think it will be easy to tell him.." I said.

"Waeyo? You can just have that long distance kind of relationship. Besides, you can come back here during holidays and he can go there during his" Il Hwan stated.

"No" I quickly answered.

"I'm not taking that risk anymore.." I stated.

"Anymore?" Il Hwan oppa questioned.

"A- Anyi, it's nothing" I shook my head and took my backpack.

"Anyways, I'll still be here tomorrow, so don't worry oppa, I can still help you with the scorings" I changed the topic.

"It's okay, you can just focus on packing your things, we'll have lunch tomorrow okay?" He smiled.

"Nae" I then left the room together with Hae Jin.

Returning to the studio, Hae Jin pulled me to sit on the sofa.

"Waee?" I asked.

"Yah.." Hae Jin called me in a serious tone.

I looked at her and gave her a smile. She kept quiet for a while before patting my hands.

"You're gonna be fine, okay?" She said.

"Even if you're in Japan, I'll make sure to contact you and visit you whenever I can" She added.

Sighing to myself, I asked her the question that I can never answer to myself.

"Will I really be okay?" I asked.

"Honestly, I hope you tell him about this.. but, I also understand that you're traumatized of long distance relationships.." She commented.

I got up from the sofa and walked to the pantry.

"I'm not doubting our relationship. But I just can't-"

"I can't.." I shook my head, feeling as if I failed myself.

"Look.." Hae Jin stood up and poured me a glass of water.

"Chanyeol will be returning tonight, right? I suggest you to take a break from all these work, think about your relationship properly.." She said.

"Arasseo.. gomawo, Hae Jin ah" I thanked her before watching her leave the studio.

"It's really happening.." I mumbled.

*flashback*

"If it's long distance relationship and breaking up, I'd chose to break up." Chanyeol said as we were watching 'Dear John'.

"Wae?" I asked.

"I don't know.. I just- I just don't like being away from the person I love for too long, especially if we're far from each other, where she can just cheat on me without me knowing" He explained.

"You're saying that you can't trust your girlfriend?" I asked.

"No, it's not that.. but I've been seeing many people who ended up breaking up when it comes to long distance relationship, I really don't want to have that kind of experience" he cleared out.

"I can relate to that.." I said.

"Jinjja?" He asked me.

Nodding, I remembered what my ex-boyfriend had done to me.

"I had that kind of relationship two years ago.." I admitted.

He pressed the pause button on the computer and gives his full attention on me.

"Kang Dae Woon was more than a boyfriend actually.. he's my brother, my best friend, sometimes he can be my doctor, literally" I began.

"We were at our 2nd year when he received an offer to study medicine in America. I was happy for him as he was also excited about it. He promised that he'd keep me updated and come back during vacations" I added.

"He did as he promised. In fact, the dates we had during that time were more meaningful than the ones we had before. And during that time, we had planned out our wedding arrangements

We aimed to get married after Dae Woon finishes his studies after the next two years"

"You mean, after your four years of relationship?" He asked. "Nae.." I nodded.

"Until thi- this unfortunate, really, really unfortunate weekend, when I decided to fly to America and was on my way to surprise him at his house, I realised, he- he lied.." I chuckled.

Chanyeol held my hands and intertwined his fingers with mine.

"For the fact that the woman wasn't just his girlfriend, she's married to him, and he acted as if I was a total stranger, it wa- it was unbelievable." I stated.

"I was so into him, I didn't know that he married to another girl he met there. I was clueless." I continued.

"I'm sorry to hear that.." Chanyeol brushed my hair and his thumb softly caressed my cheek.

"It must've been hard for you.." He added.

Letting out a short laugh, I shook my head.

"Anyi, I realised right then that he was just another asshole I met throughout my life" I said.

"Which is why.." I continued.

"I agree that if it comes to long distance relationship, I prefer breaking up" I concluded. He laughed and nodded.

"That's why we need to stick to each other like glue in the future" he pulled he into a hug and kissed my forehead.

I hugged him back and patted his shoulders.

"I don't want to watch this movie anymore, it stresses me out" He said.

"Arasseo, let's watch something else" I agreed.

*end of flashback*
~~~~
Chanyeol's POV

"Yah, can't you hear me?" Baekhyun asked.

"Oh?" I looked at him.

"What's wrong with you? You seemed a bit off today" He raised an eyebrow.

"Ah.. anyi anyi, I'm just s bit tired, that's all" I chuckled.

"I don't think it's just tired though.." he commented.

"Be happy, you're going to see your girlfriend tomorrow" he patted my back.

Smiling, I nodded.

He's right, I'm not that tired but Yeon Rin is somehow worrying me..

She seems to be really upset about something yesterday. Is it because of work? Was she having a bad day? Ah, I really want to go back fast and see that shortie..