I.

Ryan's POV

I sat with my parents on the dining table. As usual they were discussing about my marriage without my consent. I was getting agitated by the second.

"STOP IT." I yelled to let my voice be heard by everyone. My sister giggled secretly and earned a glare from my parents. She stopped. I looked at both of them.

"Can we just eat our dinner in silence?" I sighed.

"No can do son. You have to get married, as soon as possible. You are getting older day by day. I want to see my grandchildren before I die." My mom said, being the melodramatic person she is.

"Mom, I'm 27. No need to be such a drama queen." I spoke quietly.

"She is right lad. And don't think that you're getting off the hook so easily. You...mister, will marry the next month with the girl that we have chosen for you." Dad said.

I looked at him baffled.

"You already chose a girl for me? Without even asking me? How could you do that? Oh forget it. Don't answer that question. I don't want to know. And besides, I'm not marrying anyone anytime soon. You know they can become our family's weakness. And at this point, I'm not letting that happen. At any cost." I said as I stood up from my chair to emphasize my point. My mother looked at me sternly. She was a manner freak. And no one wanted themselves to be on her bad side. But I, right now, was not in the mood to obey her. They were talking about my life for fucks sake.

"Sit down and eat your dinner." My mom said strictly. I shook my head.

"I'm done. With everything." I said as I marched out the door, avoiding my family's calls for me.

Lily's POV

I sat on the beach with my bodyguard beside me. We were done for today. I was exhausted after escaping that club with all the gunshots and sounds of shattering glasses along with the cries of people. I was in this life since my mum died, otherwise I would have been on house arrest for my entire life. My dad always supported me for my work. He knew what I did and I never hid anything from him. That's why he provided me with a bodyguard. I was his rock when my mom died. I was not that young but not that old to not realize that my mom was gone forever. My father always told me that I was way too smart than people my age. I never thought that way but he reminded it to me at least once a week.

"What to do now?" Jim, my bodyguard asked. He was in his thirties and had a family. A beautiful wife named Cheryl and a daughter named Nina. They were his life. He considered me as his younger sister. And I respected him too. I owed him my life.

"Let's go home before dad calls us. You know he gets worried easily." I said and stood up from my place. He stood beside me and then we made our way towards his car. I sat on the passenger seat while he drove us back home. After about 20 minutes I entered my house that was peaceful. Jim went back home when he saw me enter my house safely. I looked for my dad in the living room then kitchen and then his room but he was nowhere to be found. That was rare. Whenever he was home he would be in any of these three places. But then I heard voices from his office and that was my cue to check there at last.

When I was in front of his office doors I heard him talking to someone but there was no other voice talking back. Maybe he was busy on his phone. I knocked on his door and got a faint come in from him.

I saw him sitting in his chair, talking on his phone. So my assumptions were correct. I was about to sit on the sofa near the window to give him privacy when he gestured me to sit in front of him on the chair. I went near him as he cut his call with a simple 'hmm'. He turned towards me giving me his full attention and smiled.

"How are you darling?" He asked. This is what I loved about him and hated at the same time. Even after being in so much pressure, he never let me know. But I was better in reading body language.

"Dad..?" I trailed knowing he would get the idea. He always tried to hide things from me but at last he would open up. His smile vanished little by little as he rubbed his forehead.

"Work. Rafael called. You know 'The Martinez' right?" He asked to which I nodded. He exhaled and continued.

"Well he was talking about the threats his son was getting from 'The Gonzalez'." He said.

"So basically his life is in danger." It was more of a statement from me.

"Yeah but that's not what I'm worried about. It's something related to you." He said as he glanced at me and took a sip from his glass. How could I forget, he wouldn't deal with his business without his red wine. He kept the glass in his hand while he looked at me.

"His son is getting older." He said.

"Everyone gets older day by day. So.." I trailed again.

"He wants his son to get married. And he asked me for my opinion. But I told him that I need sometime. I need my daughter's opinion too." He said and turned his head down to concentrate on his glass.

"Why do you need my opinion on his case? Can I help you to find a girl for him?" I asked thinking about any girl who would accept the mafia life happily.

He shook his head and leaned forward on the table. He pulled his hand together and folded them in front of his chest as he looked dead in my eyes.

Warning bells started ringing in my head. His posture was so not good for me. This won't be a good news.

This is not good...this is not good....this is not-

"His father wants you as his daughter in law. That means my friend asked me...if you would marry his son..Ryan?" He said without any emotions in his voice.

"WHAT!!!????" I nothing but shrieked...