XLII.

Ryan's POV

Jim, Liam, Evan and I stood still in shock as the phone cut off after Lily's scream. Evan tried calling her again and again, but it said that her phone was switched off. I could feel my heart pounding in my ears as the worst case scenario flooded in front of my eyes.

"We need to get to her. Ryan!!!" Jim yelled my name which got me out of my shock. I started ordering my men around to get ready for the war with Adam. They looked determined and didn't ask questions like ‘why so sudden?’. They knew not to question my decisions. Liam took Evan's phone and left towards our technical department area where I know he will try to track her down. My heart was still beating rapidly in my chest when I realized how stupidly I had let her go even when I was having this gut feeling of something going wrong. I was worried since the last night but ignored my conscience. I felt helpless, but that feeling left as soon as it came. I was determined to get her back and I knew she will wait for me. She had promised.

I called the leaders of the groups that I had divided and filled them in with the scenario. I strictly ordered them to save Alex and Lily when Evan laid out the plan for them. They looked murderous when they heard what Adam had done to Lily and that Zach was the mole.

We had been together for so many years, but I never thought he'll do this to us. To his family. I treated each and every member of my gang like a family and the feelings were mutual. I was cold-hearted for the people who hurt my gang, but not to my gang members. They knew I took care of them and felt a responsibility towards them. That was why they never betrayed me. But my close friend betrayed us.

I was devastated when Jim told me about Zach and Liam provided proof against him. Evan was furious would be an understatement. But under all that rage we both were hurting. He saw him as his best friend and it was totally out of the blue and the most crushing news we had discovered till now. But I still had no idea why he was working against Lily. She had done nothing wrong to her. It had been only a few months before they met and they had no history whatsoever. This puzzle was scaring and I was afraid of finding the last piece.

I didn't want to think about her suffering, but I knew she had gotten into an accident. The way she had screamed before the line went dead, was still ringing inside my head.

I told them to wait for my orders until further notice. They all nodded at me in respect before leaving. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. Evan stayed quiet on the seat in front of my table, deep in his own thought. We both were pulled out of our misery when Liam and Jim barged in the room.

"I have the location."

"Let's go." I said and soon we were driving through the road towards the location Liam had detected her to be around. Evan had ordered a few men to follow us just in case we needed them. They were behind us in other cars. After ten or so minutes, the car halted due to the crowd.

"Police." Liam muttered.

Evan started cursing under his breath.

"Someone must've informed them about the accident." Liam continued.

"But this place is never this crowded. In fact, this place is always deserted. Everyone around this area knows not to cross our territory. We are Mafia for crying out loud." Evan hit the back of Liam's seat. He jerked forward and glared back at him. Suddenly we saw one of the officers coming in our direction.

"Evan send all the men back to a safe distance. I don't want them involved." I commanded.

"Already did." He said sliding his phone back in his pocket. We all got out of our car and were greeted by the officer.

"What happened Officer? If you don't mind me asking." Liam asked politely. Evan's fist tightened behind his back while Jim looked at the officer blankly.

"We were informed about an accident by some unknown number so, we came here. What are you all doing here?" He asked. He was looking at us curiously. I wasn't in the mood to waste my time with this nosey officer, but we had to keep our cool. He was just doing his job.

"Just passing through officer. We saw this commotion and thought to know more." This time Jim was the one answering him. The officer tried to hide his surprise when he saw how blankly Jim had answered and looked quite pale. Jim looked intimidating.

"Are there any casualties?" I asked feeling my heart starting to pound again. Officer looked back at the place where the medics were busy and the police officers were talking to people for more information. He turned back to us and shook his head.

"None that we found-" he was cut off by one of the men who ran in his direction.

"Sir. There's blood but no body." He said before he noticed our presence. He glanced at us and sucked a deep breath.

"They need you there. Sir." He said to the officer. The later excused himself and left us. Liam turned towards the police man who stood in front of us.

"What happened Mike? What do you mean there's blood but no body?" Jim asked the police man.

Evan and I exchanged glances. Seeing our confusion Liam whispered in our ears.

"He works as an insider." We both nodded at him and concentrated back on their conversation.

"Maybe it was planned. There is blood on the front seats and marks of other car tires. There were three cars except the truck and the car over there." He said pointing towards Alex's vehicle.

"Fucking hell!!! They took them." Evan's anger was affecting each and every one of us. I was getting anxious because this was, no doubt, Adam's doing.

Trying to control our demeanor was getting harder by the second. So I told everyone that we should leave the place. It was of no use as long as the police have their eyes and ears everywhere in the area. I wanted them to leave, but I knew Mike had told us everything he knew and that was it.

We had failed to get to Lily and Alex before them.

...

Hello Lovelies!!! Like I said...on the almost 4th day... here's another chapter. How do you like it so far? If it good then click the star button down there 👇 share, comment and add this book to your library for further updates.

Any guesses what will happen in the next chapter? Stay tuned...

Until next time...

Treat People With Kindness...&...

Loads Of Love...

-R

...