X.

Ryan's POV

I was sitting in my room when a sudden knock on the door disturbed me. I went and opened it to see Evan standing there with his hands in his pockets. He gave me a smirk

"Let's go." I nodded as I followed him out the house. We had planned to go to a club. I had told him about my father's orders and he asked me to a live a little before getting hitched. He had earned a smack on his side arm from me but I agreed nevertheless.

He drove us to the club and we entered without waiting. They knew us too well. We made our way towards the private area where a waitress came and served us our drinks. I looked around making sure nothing was out of normal and fatal for us.

"Come on Ryan, loosen up a bit. Nobody will harm us. They won't be able to make it out alive if they try anything on us here." Evan said sipping his drink. Some girls those were sitting a few feet away from us, gave us side glances and giggled. Evan smirked at them flirtatiously. I had no interest in them as a certain brunette hooded my mind.

I remembered the way she had tried to save me. How she had reacted to those guys. She was fearless and almost heartless. That had scared me a little. I had never come across someone especially a girl who would kill in a heartbeat.

"Hey Evan...you never told me the whole incident. What actually happened there?" I asked him as he gave me his full attention. His eyes lit up in excitement.

"She was awesome. We followed her car when Gonzalez sent his men to capture her. Jim was driving the car but I don't know when that happened but the next moment she was driving the car while Jim started shooting. They kept driving and driving but then we decided to help them. That's what we were sent to do. So we followed her side by side and shot at those cars. But then I think something clicked inside that brain of hers and then she suddenly swiveled her car and turned it around towards those men. She was driving the car in reverse and then she shot just one bullet and that was enough. The car revved and turned upside down and hit the other one and DONE!!! OVER!!!" He jumped in his seat.

"Just one bullet Ryan. And everything came to a halt. She got out of the car and was adamant to not let us take those men but we made the deal and the rest is history." He said as he relaxed in his seat. I continued sipping my drink deep in my own thoughts.

I don't know why but I felt proud. The way Evan got so worked up in good way increased my admiration towards her. She was really something. How would my family react if I would take her to meet them? She would be a good wife.

Whoa whoa whoa!!!! Where did that thought come from??

Maybe the alcohol was starting to play its role. I shook my head to get that idea out of my mind. I don't know when Evan had left me and joined those girls but I was happy that he left me alone this time. I wanted to keep my mind away from anything, for now, just peace. But I guess that's not what fate wanted from me. A girl who wore something that left nothing for imagination sauntered in my direction. She pulled her dress down more to show her cleavage and I mentally sighed in defeat. Why can't they leave me alone for a second?

"Hi Handsome!! Waiting for someone?" She said leaning on the table showing more of her cleavage. I continued sipping on my drink trying to ignore her fully.

"Want some company? You know this place is crowded. We can talk somewhere more private." She purred getting near me around the table. Before I could utter anything else she sat on my lap. I glared at her.

"You are really tough. I love that. Maybe we should continue this in my room. I have the keys." She whispered in my ears. I held her hips and was about to put her down when an all too familiar voice interrupted us.

"He was waiting for me." The girl who was sitting on my lap, turned around abruptly as I glanced behind her to see the girl that was haunting my mind, standing with her arms crossed in front of her chest, staring intently at my hands that were on the bimbos hips. I suddenly got uncomfortable as I tried to push her away. The bimbo stayed where she was.

"Who are you?" She snapped.

"His fiance. And he belongs to me. Now get off of him before I regret doing something that I should not do in public." She said calmly as she took out a knife from behind her back and started twirling it between her long slender fingers. Suddenly she stood up and stomped away before glaring at her. Lily sat in front of me on the empty chair. Shocked would be an understatement.

"Usual." She said to one of the waiters passing by. He nodded and smiled while going away. I cleared my throat before speaking

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I was thankful that she interrupted that bimbo and my conversation. More like one way conversation. But I won't tell her that. She shrugged. The waiter gave her the drink as she nodded at him in acknowledgement before looking at me.

"Thank you would suffice." She said as she swirled her drink in her glass.

"What?"

"I know. She was all over you. You wanted space. She was inside your personal bubble." She said while sipping her drink.

How could she see that? Did I look that desperate to get her away from me? Then why wasn't that bimbo getting the hint?

"She was one of the blind bimbos. You can't expect her to not drool over any human that has dick. You haven't said thanks yet." She kept her glass on the table and leaned forward. I checked her out.

She was wearing a black full sleeved shirt and dark blue jeans as her hair were tied in a ponytail. She wasn't wearing much makeup, just a nude lipstick, I guess. Her eyes were grey with specs of blue in them. She looked so sexy as I felt my lower region stir. I shifted in my seat as I coughed to distract myself from her thoughts.

"Hey Lily? What's up?" Evan graced us with his presence and sat beside Lily. She rolled her eyes.

"Sky. Are you that drunk?" She asked blankly while ordering another drink for herself.

"Don't be so harsh on me dear. What crawled up your sweet ass and died?" He slurred. He was sure drunk. She gave him a deadpanned look.

"We need to take him home. He's not in his right mind and mostly not his sober body to shoot even for saving his own life. This place is dangerous for you two." She said as she started examining Evan.

"Who are you to tell us what to do? I'm capable of protecting myself and his sorry ass." I pointed at Evan.

"I heard that." He tried to show his angry face but failed miserably.

"And why are you even here? This place is dangerous for you as far as I know. And how did you find me? Were you secretly keeping tabs on me or something?" I fired my questions as she started to pull Evan up. He slung his arms around her shoulder and tried to kiss her cheek but she slapped him, making him stumble​ backwards. I felt myself raging at how close he was to kissing her if she hadn't reacted in time. I stood up and held his other hand while taking all his weight on my shoulder as she stood in front of me and left the club from the backdoor. I followed suite. She kept walking until she reached my car and stood there tapping her foot on the ground. I opened it with my fingerprint and pushed Evan in the backseat while she started walking towards her car, that's what I thought. Suddenly she halted in her steps as she turned around abruptly and shouted

"RYAN!!!"

A loud explosion made me hit my car as Lily flew in my direction. I caught her and twirled our bodies so that I could take all the impact. Screams and yelling were heard from outside the club as the people from the inside exited in panic.

I looked up to see Lily trying to keep her eyes open and groaning in pain.

"Lily!! Lily!! Look at me. Hey!! Hey!!" I whispered as I tried to gain her attention. She groaned again before her eyes met mine. She shook her head.

"We have to get away from here. Let's go." She said as she stood up and stumbled a bit before I caught her in my arms. I led her inside my car and buckled up her seat belt before sitting in the driver's seat and making our way out of this area.

What the fuck was going on???!!