XLV.

Ryan's POV

I was pacing in front of my office desk, thinking how to locate Adam. I had this urge to kill the guy with my bare hands, so were the feelings of all my men and Lily's men. We were devastated because it had been nine days and we still were sitting here like idiots. Jim, Evan, Liam were trying their best and so were every one who could help in any way possible.

Evan entered the room with Jim. They both had dark circles under their eyes. My condition must've been the same, but our will power was far more than our physical health.

"Any news?" I asked as I stopped and stood up straight. They both shook their heads, making me more determined.

We all were worried. Adam was hiding quite well and it was aggravating, would be an understatement. Suddenly, an idea struck me. I shared it with Evan and Jim. Evan was skeptical, but Jim said that it is our only choice to save Lily and Alex. So, he agreed and called in Liam with Anthony.

Anthony was still under our supervision, but for this one plan we needed his help. He knew who was loyal in our gang and his gang. Plus he had experience with Adam more than any of us. I repeated my idea to both of them. When I was done, we all stood in silence, every one in their own thoughts.

"Who will go?" Jim asked.

This was the problem. My plan had no other loopholes but this one. We needed someone who would stay loyal and not bitch us out.

"I will go." "No." My reply was instant. Anthony and I glared at each other as Evan and Jim glanced between the two of us.

"I'm going-"

"No you're not."

"And why's that boy?"

"Don't call me that."

"Oh Fuck-"

"ENOUGH." Jim silenced us while Evan stood silently, observing us.

"Ryan. It's not a bad idea you know." Evan spoke after a few seconds. This time, he received my glare to which he shrugged.

"I mean no one will suspect him, besides he's already running from him. Isn't he? He might not even know that he is with us." Evan continued as if I had not just warned him with my stare. Jim nodded at this.

"I'm not sending him." My voice was firm.

"Why?" Anthony asked instantly. I shook my head and was about to give my final verdict when Anthony cut me off.

"Jim, Evan, give me few minutes with him." He said, gesturing towards me. They followed his order as soon as I nodded my approval, rather skeptically and left. Anthony walked to one of the guest chairs and pointed to the one opposite his. I sat down with my hands folded in front of my chest, my face void of any emotions.

"Ryan. I remember how your father and I helped each other when we needed. We didn't have to ask and we never thanked each other or showed our gratitude towards one another. I still remember the day when Rafael called me for an urgent meeting. I was scared for his well being but never showed it. When I reached his place and entered his office...he was sitting in his usual chair with two glasses of wine. Obviously one for me. He made me sit on the chair in front of his desk and said 'Tony...there's this girl I like...' I almost flew out of my chair to punch him hard, but he knew and was prepared. He dodged one hit and let me hit the next. His nose started bleeding so he pulled his handkerchief out and wiped the blood away. I brushed my coat off and sat back down. He chuckled lightly and said 'Now that we're done with that, by the way I deserved it, let's get back to what I was saying. I need your help.' He had no idea how to approach the girl. Long story short, he got the girl and married her. I was the best man and when you were born, he made me your godfather. I was a hard-working guy with many ambitious goals. He was a family guy so, he kept his family and business away from each other."