XV.

Lily's POV

He looked so angry, I almost stumbled when he locked eyes with me, almost. He decreased the distance between us in three long strides and stopped in front of me. He was mere inches away. I realized that he was few inches taller than me. I tilted my head to look at him but suddenly he held my wrist in his firm grip and turned around, only to be stopped by his father.

"Son what are you-"

He was cut off by Ryan as he raised his hand to shut him up. His father looked furious and was about to say something to him when I nodded at his father. He shook his head in disappointment but let us leave. He dragged me through the corridor, past his family to the elevator. The ride in the elevator was the most tense situation I've ever been in my life. My men looked at me suspiciously but I stopped them from coming close. They obliged. Ryan took me out of the hospital and to a nearby alleyway. My wrist was paining and I couldn't stop the hiss that escaped my mouth when we stopped. He looked back at me as I stood near the sidewall and then at my hand that was in his. He suddenly left it as if it would burn him. I rubbed it, trying to lessen the pain. He started pacing back and forth while running his hands through his locks. I restrained myself from thinking about how my fingers had grazed his hair in his kitchen.

Now is not the time Lily!!!

"Why?" Just one word and I knew that he was about to explode. I started my explanation

"I had no idea who you were when we met. Just your face looked familiar. But my intentions were never to hurt you in anyway. I was going to stay away from you I swear. But after that car chase, I went home and my father showed me your picture saying that I have to marry you and that's when I came to know about you. Then I did a research on Adam Gonzalez and what he wanted. I got threats from him that he wants me, I don't know what for. So I came to your warehouse to get that information from those men but they didn't tell me and they were useless. I wanted you to stay away from me because I was in danger. You know that night club? I was there to meet a guy who was supposed to give me information about what was going on inside Gonzalez's gang. That's why I was there. After that you know the rest." I said as I exhaled. He stood with his back still facing me, his shoulders tense and his fist clenched tightly.

The silence was deafening so I broke it.

"I told you everything. There's nothing left for me to tell you now." I whispered as I looked at my wrist. His fingerprints were red on my skin but the pain was subsiding gradually.

"You didn't tell me the truth because you wanted me to be safe?" He asked still not facing me. I nodded but then realized that he won't be able to see me.

"Yes." I said in a firm voice. I thought about his next move but came up with nothing. I had no idea what he was thinking or what he would do. I stood silently but was getting impatient every passing second.

"Say someth-" I was cut off when he abruptly turned and looked straight into my eyes. My breath hitched. His hair were disheveled, his eyes dark and he looked at me the way no one had ever. He took a few steps forward in my direction while I stepped backward. I cursed myself mentally when I felt my hands on the wall behind me. He raised his hands and planted them on both sides of my head as he leaned, his expressions unreadable. My head touched the wall as it tilted backwards. We were now almost eye level. His breathing was fanning my face and I suddenly gasped.

"You know why I shouted at you in the morning?" He didn't give me chance to answer as he continued.

"My father called me to let out his anger when he was informed by someone that I had brought a random girl in my house. I never allowed any girl inside my house. Whatever I did with girls would be in hotels. He was fuming that I took this too far. I felt guilty at that time because I knew I was going to marry someone and I wasn't loyal to her. He had given me an envelope, containing a photo of my soon to be wife but I didn't see that. I was sorry and angry on that girl who wanted to sacrifice her normal life just to marry me. I wanted to be trustworthy just for her. But then I came to know that you're that girl. You lied to me. I don't know if I should be happy or raging because of you..." He trailed. I was stuck in time with him. Our close proximity and what he told me made my heart flutter.

He wanted to be loyal to his wife? I never thought he would think like that. He was so unpredictable.

Before I could say anything, his lips crashed on mine. They were hungry and desperate. I was frozen and didn't reciprocate. He kept on biting my lower lip as his hand settled on my waist. He pressed his body on mine.

"Kiss me.." he growled. I was still not doing anything. His tongue swept on my bottom lip and that's when I pushed him with all my force. He staggered a bit, his eyes screaming with desire as he looked at me. I breathed in.

"You don't want me now." He said as he caught his breath. I looked at him as if he was insane. I wanted to scream at him, ask him why he was kissing me like that. I felt metal taste on my lips. He had bit my lip so hard.

I rarely cried. I wasn't a kid who would cry if he didn't get a candy. I was very strong and nobody had seen my cry except my father and Jim but right now, I felt a sob escaping my lips. I had no words to show how I was feeling at this moment. We stood staring at each other for God knows how long when my phone buzzed. I looked down at my phone and was surprised that my phone was still in my hand. It hadn't fell from my palms yet. I answered it.

"Yes Alex?" I spoke in a firm voice as if nothing happened. I wiped my tears away while Ryan stood on the same spot looking at me intently.

"He's awake." He said and I could hear how happy he was. I forgot everything as my shoulders sagged in relief.

"I'm coming." I said and hung up.

We didn't speak to each other as we made our way to the hospital. I was not in the mood to talk to him. I was trying to clear my thoughts so that I could think about the matters that were in my hands for now. We reached my dad's room. Rafael stood their with a doctor while his wife sat on one of the chairs hearing intently what he was saying. I ran to the doctor as all their head whipped in my direction.

"Is he okay?" I asked hopefully. He smiled at me

"Yes. He's out of danger. The bullet was close to his heart, missed it by centimeters. He's a lucky man." I smiled as he continued.

"Well he needs rest. He will wake up in a few hours. The nurse will inform you. You can go see him but don't disturb him." He said and left.

"Oh Lily!!" His mother trailed and hugged me.

"Don't cry darling. He's okay now. Your father is okay." She consoled me as I tightened my hold on her.

If only she knew why I was shedding my tears....