XXV.

I drove to the warehouse, my knuckles turning white in anticipation and tension. The man that I had caught in one of the raids, told me that Adam would be staying in this warehouse today. All the havoc that he had created in my life till now were flashing in front of my eyes.

My hands were itching to get his neck under my clutches. I saw the building in a distance so I slowed down my car. It looked as if it was made ages ago. The roof looked fragile while the door seemed like it would fall any moment. I drove my car to the back and parked it a few feet away from the back door. Two men were guarding the building from the back, talking to each other. I had a lot of ammo and bullets to take down fifty people easily. I tucked some of them in my jeans and jacket pocket and anywhere I could. I stealthily got out of my car and shut it behind but not before texting Evan about my location. I could have finished the work on my own but I wasn't a fool. It's better to have someone trustworthy even though you're confident of yourself for these kinds of missions.

I had not told anyone of my whereabouts till now. I was so engrossed in my revenge that I even ignored Lily. She had made her place in my heart and I wanted to keep it that way. The first time my eyes had fallen on her, she was the most naturally beautiful person I had ever seen. And when I got to know her, she was pure inside out. She was the one who kept my temper under control. She kept me grounded even though I won't admit it.

I knew I shouldn't have ignored her but I realised it would be better if she stayed away from me. I had let her down again and again. She was not supposed to get hurt. She had saved me so many times that I owed her more than my life. And still she wanted nothing but my company. At first I thought it would be just a fling. I had girls lined up for me and I had taken advantage of that sometime for my own profit but Lily was different. I could never even think about seeing her in that way like I saw those other girls.

My thoughts were interrupted by a movement in front of me. The guards had been replaced by other two. I checked my watch to see it had been almost ten minutes but I waited to check if they had a schedule of changing places for the security.

And I was right. Ten minutes later they did change places and again the same guards that I had seen before, came back for the backdoor. I sighed. I had wasted twenty minutes just to see their schedule. I pulled out my gun and aimed at one of the men. He was busy chatting with the other guy when I fired. His blood spilled over the man in front of him as he fell on the ground without making so much as a whisper. The guy was stunned for a few seconds, enough to give me the chance to fire at him and I did. His eyes met mine in just the time when the bullet made a hole in the middle of his forehead. He fell on the ground beside the other one.

I came out of the bushes and glanced around before looking at my watch. It had taken me almost 10 seconds and I was done with them. Before the other guys could come for the replacement, I made my way inside. It was a little bit darker than I had imagined. Only the rays of the sun that had penetrated through the crevices of the roof lightened the area. I could see another door about twenty feet away from my end of the room. I carefully walked up to the door and tried to hear if anything made noise on the other side. But it was silent for the next few minutes so I breathed deeply and opened the door as discreetly as possible. It was pitch dark and I felt the tense atmosphere. I walked a few steps forward and before I could react to the movement behind me, the door closed with a thud and the lights were switched on. I got blinded by the sudden light and I heard a clapping sound in front of me.

"Well...Well...Well...Look who made an appearance. Trying to surprise us huh??"

I looked up and cursed under my breath in anger. Adam sat with a few men surrounding both of us, all armed. I thanked the Lord in my head...for making me inform Evan about my location. I knew I was not going to make it out alive but I wasn't giving up without a fight.

"How are you and how is your girlfriend? I hope she is good?"

"Don't you dare take her name from that filthy mouth of yours." I all but yelled. He snickered at me and I felt my blood boil but I tried to stay calm.

Suddenly a shot was fired and I fell down on the ground with an 'humph'. I glanced around me to see that blood was dripping from my shoulder.

"I'm not one of those villains who would play around and talk the whole time while giving you a chance to get out of here easily. I want nothing but to kill you with my bare hands but I don't want to get my hands dirty. So I decided to cut this shit and get over it."

I was feeling myself slipping into unconsciousness but I tried to stay awake. He continued blabbering a few things and I just heard 'recording' 'cameras' and 'Lily'. But her name made me open my eyes and I found myself lying on the floor on my stomach. He shot me again and I knew I was done with my life. My whole life flashed in front of my own two eyes.

"This is a glorious day for the Martinez family...isn't it?? The boss of one of the biggest mafia group is about to die this easily. I don't know if I should be happy or sad. But I can say I'd be satisfied. At least after you're gone I can take care of that girlfriend of yours..."

Before he could say anymore, there was an ear shattering blast outside the building. The men started shooting and I barely saw Adam running out the back door.

"RYAN!!! RYAN!!! FUCKING HELL!!!! WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE MAN???!!!!" I could recognize Evan shouting but before I could reply...

I fainted...