XXXV.

Ryan's POV

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and sat up groggily. It was eight in the morning. I found my bed empty but the scent was still there.

Her scent.

I had been very careful with her yesterday. She was very fragile and I wanted her to be completely sure about us. I still remember how she responded to me.

"Are you sure about this? You know I can wait." I said wiping her tears away and twirling a piece of her hair that had been in front of her face.

She sighed and bit her bottom lip.

"I can never be more sure than now. I know it's too much right now. Everything is chaotic but these things made me realise how our lives can change in only a second. I've never relied on anyone to the extent that I start worrying about my life without them. But you're an exception. You stood by me in my bad times and protected me as much as you could. And right now...you're the only person who is keeping me sane and not lash out at the world." She said with teary eyes and a small smile that made my heart do flips.

"I...I love you too much to loose you." It was enough for me to kiss the breath out of her and make her forget everything except me. I wanted to make her feel loved and I did just that.

I stood up from my bed and made way to my bathroom. Our clothes were littered all over the floor, but I didn't mind. It was a reminder that we had done it. Given ourselves to each other fully. A smile tugged at my lips as I entered the shower and got rid of all the sweat and tension in my muscles.

After getting changed into a sweatpant that hung on my hips, I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen where she stood and I was pleased to see her wearing my shirt that reached her mid thighs and my boxers that we're totally covered by my shirt. It looked like she wasn't wearing anything under. Her back was to me, but suddenly she stilled.

"I made breakfast." She said without even turning back.

"How did you realise I was here?" I said while walking towards her. She continued her work as I trapped her in my arms, my hands holding her waist and pulling her hair away to kiss her neck. She sucked a sharp breath and then tried to pull away, but I wasn't having it. After a few struggles, she quit and sighed, leaning more into me. I chuckled and continued assaulting her neck slowly.

"You showered. So the scent hit me. Besides...your clothes smell just like you're smelling right now. I love it." She said as she flipped the pancake.

"And I love you." I said as I sucked at her neck, then kissed her cheek. She turned her face and kissed me chastely before focussing back on her pancake.

I separated myself from her and started making coffee for both of us to which I was rewarded by another kiss on the cheek from her. She put all the pancakes on the plate while I poured the coffee in our cups and sat down on the dining table. She was about to sit beside me but I pulled her on my lap.

"Aren't you uncomfortable?" She asked while looking at me amused. I shook my head.

"I've never been more comfortable Love." She blushed a little giving me a chance to kiss her warm cheeks. She chuckled, but stayed where she should. We ate our pancakes and fed each other too. The morning was a blessing.

Most of the day was spent with me proving it to her that I loved her the most in the world. It was exhausting, but worth it.

I laid on the sofa with her above me, her head on my chest while I played with her hair.

"We need to go back to my house." She said which made me groan. She chuckled but pulled away to rest her chin on my chest and looked at me.

"We can't delay it. We have to get back." She sighed. I pulled her hair away from her face. Even when she was worried, she looked absolutely breathtaking.