XIX.

Ryan's POV

She came downstairs slowly. She wasn't focusing on anything in front of her. Her face was void of any emotions and that made me worry more about her. All of us exchanged glances with each other as she looked at each of our faces. Suddenly she lost balance and before she could hit the ground, I held her, my arms around her petite frame as she fell unconscious. Everyone gathered around her as I scooped her up in bridal style while Jim showed me the way up her room. We all were anxious as to what actually happened between her and her father. I laid her down and pulled the blanket over her as Alex called their family doctor. We sat around her on bed and chairs in her room and waited until the doctor made his appearance. He started counting her pulse and did his general checkups. We kept silent as he faced us.

"Blood pressure is low. Did she eat anything this morning?" He asked. We all turned to Alex but he looked at Jim.

"She had breakfast but little. We had to leave for some important work, so she was not able to eat her full." He said, feeling guilty. Doctor's lips thinned as he nodded solemnly.

"Was she stressed?" He asked again. We all nodded. After the meeting she looked tense and then after the phone call.....

"Where's Zach?" I asked Evan. He was about to take his phone out when the man entered.

"I've tracked it. We have the location. What should we do now?" He asked us. Jim and Alex looked at us and then at Lily. She looked so peaceful but I knew this would be a short term peace, for now. I shook my head.

"Later. We'll talk about it." I dismissed the chat. He nodded as we all glanced back at Lily.

"She'll wake up soon. Her blood pressure is not to worry about. But you have to be careful with her health." He said as he left. Alex accompanied him outside. We all sat back in our seats and waited. Nobody wanted to meet his father so I initiated the work.

"I'll be back. Call me if she wakes up." I said to Evan and Jim. They agreed as I made my way out the door through the corridor to Anthony's room. His room's door was slightly ajar so I knocked.

"Come in." Came the faint reply. I entered as he sat up straight and looked at me, concern etched on his face.

"Is she alright?"

"Yes. Her blood pressure got low. But she's fine now. What did you two had the talk about?" I asked coming to the point. He exhaled.

"It's not my place to tell. If she wants to tell anyone then let her decide. You can ask her." He said and sighed. I nodded tightly. I knew she was the kind of person to not let anyone inside the walls that she had built around her. She was not the one to share sorrow with others. So difficult.

I left his room and went to see Lily. She was still unconscious and everyone stood there. All the heads turned in my direction and looked at me questioningly. Guess they knew what I was up to. I shook my head as they sighed.

"It depends on her, whether she wants to tell us or not." I said as I stood at the door.

After what felt like a long time but was only an hour, she stirred. We all attentively grouped around her. Suddenly she screamed in agony

"NO!!!"

We all stumbled a bit but I and Alex were the one who gained back our balance fast and held her. He held her feet as she was thrashing wildly while I held her shoulders.

"Lily!! Lily!! LILY!!!" I yelled at her face as she opened her eyes and looked at me, fear evident on her face. She panted heavily as she tried to gain her focus, her body still shaking.

"Lily look at me. I'm here. We're here. Look at us." I chanted as she slowly looked at all the faces, still not overcoming of whatever shock she got.

"It was just a bad dream." I said as she glanced back at me. She nodded, her eyes wide. She looked at Alex and they had some telepathy. He left her feet.

"Let's go. You stay." He said to me and left the room, followed reluctantly by all the others. I was confused as to why he asked me to stay with her. Her panting stopped but she still looked cautious of her surrounding. She stayed silent for a very long time. I tried to stand up and sit in the chair near her bed but she held my hand. I turned around to see her. A look of sorrow and agony crossed her face as tears welled up in her eyes. I was shocked to see her like this. She never cried, not that I knew of. She would always be strong in the short span of time that I had spent with her. She was never one to cry. That was the moment I realized that the problem was bigger then we had any ideas. I settled back down on my place as she scooted over still holding my hand. She took a deep breath.

"I-I-I don't know? I'm sorry for wasting your time. I want you to leave me but my selfish part..." She trailed as a lone tear left the corner of her eyes. I pulled her in my arms and then lifted her so that she sat on my lap. I cradled her back and forth as she continued crying. Her every sob was like a knife being pushed slowly into my own heart. I didn't say a word, just let her cry all sadness out. I don't know how long we sat like that but I felt content and complete with her in my embrace. After her last hiccup she leaned back and looked at me, straight in the eyes.

"I don't have a family. My birth mother is dead and.." she trailed as new set of tears formed in her eyes.

"And?" I pried her to tell me. She again leaned into me, her arms around me as she buried her face between my neck and shoulder, a sob again escaping her mouth before she spoke

"He's not my father...."