XXXIII.

Lily's POV

"So what you're saying is that you had guards with you and when we got there, they were all missing?" I asked again to which Ryan and Evan nodded. I glanced at Zach to find him looking at me. He shrugged.

Suddenly the kitchen phone rang and we all looked at it. I was the first one to walk up to it and picked it up. Who could it be?

"Hello?"

"Thank God you picked up!!! For fuck's sake!!! Where the hell is your cell?" Alex started rambling profanities and yelling how scared he got when I wasn't picking up his call. I let him ramble and glanced behind me to see three pairs of eyes looking intently at me. I mouthed them Alex. They all nodded but Ryan came and hugged me from behind, kissing my neck. I leaned on him.

"Will you stop already Alex?" I sighed, exasperated by him now. I heard him curse some more before he started talking again.

"I wanted to tell you that we found some bodies. I think they are the guards of your boyfriend." He said and that made me tense. Ryan sensing the change in my mood started rubbing my sides and arms and then kissed just below my ear. I exhaled, again relaxing.

"What about the others? How many have you found?" I asked feeling frustrated.

"I've found around six bodies. Shot from point blank. And the rest nine are sent to the hospital. They were severely injured but they'll survive. Maybe we'll be able to get some information from them." He said and I felt my mood dampening.

They were all close to Ryan and I owed them for being there with him even though they weren't able to help him or Evan in anyway. Still they were there to do their job. They could've backed down but they didn't. That reminds me...

"Hey. I'm coming. Get that bitch ready." I said and cut the call before he could utter a word. I turned around and saw Ryan looking at me confused.

"What is it Love? Why are you going?" He asked the same time Evan and Zach stood up in their places. I shrugged and left the kitchen. The guys followed me but I closed the door as soon as I entered my room. They stayed quite this time and didn't ask any question. I changed into a skinny jeans and a tank top and wore a turtle neck sweatshirt over it. I was not in the mood to look presentable and for now this will cover my body the way I want. I opened the door to see Ryan, Zach and Evan waiting for me. Zach nodded and we left.

Guess they were going to stay with me.

Ryan's POV

I can't believe that I'm thinking how gorgeous she was looking in such casual clothes. But I can't help admiring my girlfriend.

This sounds so foreign to me...

I had a girlfriend before and that bitch just showed her true colors to me in the hotel room. I swear she will go through hell and back and I will still not forgive her for what she did to me and Lily. I know she was mentally suffering from what she saw in the hotel room happening to me. But she didn't say a word about it. Maybe Zach told her about my relationship with Laura.

We all got inside Lily's car and she started driving to her house.

Her house??!!!

"Are you sure you want to go back to your house?" I asked as soon as the thought crossed my mind.

The last time we were there, she found out that her father was not actually her blood related father and that she was an orphan. She was broken and I don't know if she still is. It was also the place that had her childhood memories and it will be hard for her to set a foot in that place.

She nodded without glancing at me and continued driving. The rest of the drive was silent.

She is hurting...I know...

We reached her house in fifteen minutes. She got out and immediately everyone started greeting her or nodding at her. She acknowledged everyone as we entered the house to see Alex standing there. When his eyes met hers, he ran up to her and hugged her tightly.

"I fucking missed you so much." His words were mumbled in her hair. I felt a pang of jealousy run through me. He was way too close to her for my liking. To add a cherry on top, she hugged him back tightly. Evan nudged me and smirked.

"You're scowling." He continued smirking. Zach chuckled lowly enough for only us to hear. My scowl deepened.

"How have you been?" Alex asked as he broke the hug. Lily nodded with a small smile. She glanced at me and her smile turned into a frown for a passing second before realization struck her and she giggled.

"What is it?" Alex asked looking at her with a confused smile. She shook her head still smiling.

"Where's that Miss. Universe I sent here?" She asked. We all knew she was talking about Laura. Alex gave her a mocking glare and led the way.

Fortunately, when Lily was gone to change her clothes, we had changed too. So we were now feeling freshened up. It was now around eight at night and we had been involved in a lot of stress as soon as the day had started.

I can't believe we went through so much in just one day.

Alex took us to their basement. We walked down a couple of stairs and were greeted with foul smell of blood and rotten something. We all were used to this scent so it didn't bother us. The space was totally dark, only light was from the top of the stairs. Alex clicked a button on the wall and a lamp lit in the middle of the dark room. A chair was set in the middle but no one was on it. We heard cursing and concentrated at the far corner. Suddenly two guards holding Laura from each of her arm emerged in the light and pushed her on the seat.

They were different faces from the two people who had accompanied us in the hotel. When they saw Lily, they both bowed in respect in front of her and stood behind the chair. Lily glanced at Alex.

"Everybody knows. You're the leader. They wanted you to be. A guy came as everyone's representative and talked to your father's special council. They said that the council doesn't exist anymore and they resigned. Also they said that our men shouldn't worry because you have taken your rightful place." He said and I couldn't help but feel my fist tighten in anger.

This is what I was dreading. I know how hard this job is. Now she has to protect other families and men. Before I could say anything, Lily came in front of me out of nowhere and held me by my shoulders. She looked me in the eye and I knew we will talk about that subject as soon as we leave this place. She turned around and concentrated on the person sat on the chair.

"Let's talk." She said and we all saw the guards gulp, fear evident in their eyes.

Why were they afraid of her so much??

...

Hello guys!!! How are you all? Should I ask you how much you missed the updates? *I think I already asked* *smiling sheepishly* So here is the update you were waiting for. It took me ages to update...I know. Don't even think about throwing tomatoes or eggs at me *hides behind a sofa*

Anyway...

*walking away from the sofa with a Captain America shield*

Click the star button if you liked the chapter and please show your support. It means a lot to me. Also...share the story and comment your thoughts. I'll reply to all of you.

Till next time...

Loads of Love... and...Treat People With Kindness!!!✌

-R