XXXII.

Ryan's POV

"We need to talk." Lily said and we all looked at her. She gestured us to sit down on the counter stools while she remained standing at one end of the table.

"Okay. So what were you doing there without the guards?" She said and Evan and I looked at her confused.

"We were gone with the guards. Do you really think we are that crazy that we'll leave without protection just to get to Anthony back-"

"Anthony?" She cut Evan off.

Her eyes were wide and accusing but most of all they had a look of betrayal in them. She was looking between me and Evan and I thought to start talking.

"Yeah. We had information that Anthony was staying in that hotel so we decided to get him-"

"You didn't tell me." She cut me off.

"Yes. We didn't tell you because you were already suffering." I said. She looked at me accusingly. I sighed. This will take us nowhere.

"You weren't talking to any of us. You weren't coming out of your goddamn room. What were we supposed to do? Take you with us without knowing in what conditions you were?" I don't know when I stood up and was now standing in front of her yelling the last part. I was frustrated with the circumstances we were in and she was already accusing us. We were glaring at each other and suddenly I felt a pin drop silence in the room. Just then Lily backed away from the proximity, her eyes filled with unshed tears. I took this chance to glance around and found the room empty. Guess Evan and Zach left us. Lily shook her head vigorously and looked back in my eyes.

"I know I shouldn't have just cut myself off, but I needed time for-"

"Processing everything that happened in the last few days." I completed her sentence. She gave a stiff nod as she leaned her back on the counter behind her looking exhausted.

"You should go rest. It's been a long day." I said to her but she was already shaking her head.

"I need to get my shit together. It's been almost a week since I last did some gang chores and I have a few things to tell you." She said. I looked at her confused but obliged none the less.

"I'm the gang leader of my father's gang now."

Silence enveloped the room. I was looking at her as if she had grown two heads and suddenly I chuckled.

Lily's POV

"That was a nice joke." He said but I kept my facial expression stoic. After a few seconds, realization hit him and in a moment he was standing in front of me with his hands holding my shoulder, a look of disbelief in his eyes.

"You're kidding?" He asked but I shook my head.

"It all happened after we received the letter. A few members know that I'm their leader but others think that Alex has stepped in." I said while looking anywhere but him. I was trying to not look at him because I was afraid of his reaction.

"Why you?" He chocked out the words to which I sighed.

"I was always meant to be the leader. I had trained myself for it and the important people in our gang had already asked me to be the leader after my father steps out. They had kept this information away from the gang because they were afraid people will be after me once they know my position."

"No." Ryan said after some time. My head snapped towards him sharply. He was running his fingers through his hair, frustrated. I looked at him skeptically.

"You're not going to be the leader of any gang-"

"Why?" I asked my voice raising.

"Because I said so." His voice raised too. Now I was fuming. I have no idea how things escalated so fast. At one point I was interrogating him and the other, he was ordering me around.

"And why should I listen to you? You're not my boss." I was full on yelling now. His head whipped in my direction and the look that he gave me sent chills down my spine. In three strides he was in front of me, crushing me to the kitchen counter. He looked down at me.

"Because I can't loose you." He said in a deadly tone which sent me reeling back.

"Why do you care? It's not like-"

"I love you." He whispered. My eyes widened as I searched his eyes for any kind of lie. I found nothing. My mouth opened and closed like a dumb fish while I tried to gather my thoughts. But before I could, he started talking.

"I wanted to say this to you for so long. I love you so much Lily. It hurts to see you suffering and the fact that I'm not able to help you in anyway except staying away from you. It kills me to do that. I want you to share things with me, to let me in. I thought that we will live without this shit happening around us but nothing goes as planned right?" He whispered and I knew tears were streaming down my face.

I won't lie about it. I wanted him to accept me. I wanted him to say those three words but now when he said it, I don't know what to feel. So much is already happening around us and now him confessing his feeling to me was starting to mess with my mind. I knew the change in my expression was not gone unnoticed by him so he again started.

"I know this is very random for you to hear but this is something I would've said you a long time ago. I want you to know that I don't want you to be the leader because I can't loose you and I know how dangerous this position is." I wasn't able to decide if he was trying to enlighten me or ruin the moment.

"Are you underestimating me?" I whispered.

"No. I know you're capable. But I'm not... I'm not capable to let you handle such a big responsibility alone. And I know you will not take my help. I know you'll get busy and will soon forget about me, about what we could have." He said lowly and something inside me just broke by seeing him so vulnerable and that too because of me.

"Fuck it." I said and crashed my lips to his. He was shocked but soon started responding. His hands wound around my frame tightly while I held his face with all the affection I could muster. He deepened the kiss and I let him. We continued the kiss but didn't take it further.

Obviously we needed oxygen, so we parted. He leaned his forehead on mine and we breathed heavily for quite some time. After what felt like forever, I broke the silence.

"We are not done talking." It was a mere whisper but he heard.

"After my confession, this is what you say?" He said with a small smile. I couldn't help but reciprocate it. I shrugged.

"Fine. We are not done talking and I love you too. So...so much." I said and pecked his lips. His smile turned into a full blown grin as he looked at me with his eyes sparkling like a little kid on Christmas. We continued staring at each other for a few more minutes until he pulled me closer, even if it was possible.

"So now you're mine and I'm not letting you get out of my site anytime soon." He whispered. It was like we were trying to not disturb the moment by speaking loudly.

"And you're mine." I said and this time he kissed me softly.

"I'm yours." He said smiling lovingly down at me...

•••

Hey friends!!! *waves excitedly* It's been so long since I last updated. *hides behind the sofa* I'm sorry for the delay but I was busy with my college exams. The schedules are getting hectic day by day, giving me very less time to write. But I'll try to update sooner now. My exams will be ending in a few days. Wish me luck *fingers crossed*

So how was the update? Share your thoughts. Comment and click the star button in the end👇 I hope you like it.

Till next time...

Loads of Love ✌

-R