XLIV.

Lily's POV

The bat hit Dad from the back. He screamed as he fell to the floor face first. His hands and legs were tied which turned out to be bad. Fortunately or unfortunately, his wrists were tied in front of him which might help him to block the hit on his face.

"You should know better than to lie in front of me Anthony. Everyone in this room knows you can't do shit here. You all are stuck and will soon die. Your bodies will rot here when we leave this place. I would've loved to see you rot, but I don't want to stay here with you people. My time is very precious and standards are way too high." Zach said while running his fingers through his hair to style them.

I would love to pull out his hair with my hands...

"I don't know about us rotting, but you sure will rot in hell and the devil would ask his servants to give you company. And even they will not spit on you. Don't won't their spit to get dirty." Alex said and as soon as he was done, Warner marched up to him and hit him square on his face.

"That is how we teach you manners here." Zach said nonchalantly. Alex spit the blood from his mouth and looked as furious as he could. He was totally battered just like me, maybe worse. So him showing anger towards the fuckers wasn't affecting them in any way. We were in this position because of them.

"Let's have some fun. You will be fully entertained for this last meeting. But before that, let me call someone very special for both of us." Zach said and pulled out his phone before texting that special whoever he was and kept his phone back in the back pocket of his jeans.

After waiting for God knows how long, footsteps were heard and the face emerged in the light as soon as he entered the cell.

We're all gonna die...

"Hope you didn't miss me."

Asshole...

"I'll take that you missed me. Now that I'm here, let's get back to what you'll were doing. Zach, son, you may start your fun. Jeremy. Chair." He addressed Jeremy in a cold voice. The later scurried off in the dark and came back with a steel folding chair on which Adam sat with his one leg on the knee of the other one. He pulled out a cigar from one of the inside pockets of his coat with a lighter from the other one. Putting it between his lips, he lit and smoked it slowly, enjoying every drag.

He was wearing a white suit with a cream colored shirt underneath and white pants. His hair were styled back and smell of his overbearing perfume was messing with my senses. I almost sneezed because of that.

Zach was wearing baby blue coat with white shirt underneath and baby blue trousers. His bed hair were coming in front of his eyes and making him look young. Others were wearing light colored dress suits too.

If they weren't the bad mafia motherfuckers, anyone seeing them would have said they were angels, just because of the light colored clothes they adorned.

"What's with the outfit?" I croaked out after a long time. Adam glanced at me with what looked like admiration. I don't know why I felt disgusted.

"She's definitely my daughter. Observant like me."

"She maybe your blood, but she'll never be your daughter. She's my daughter and will always be mine not yours-"

It was a blur, but it was impossible not to hear the gunshot bouncing off the walls. My gaze flickered in panic towards the source. Adam had a gun in his hand pointed towards...Dad.

"ANTHONY!!!" "DAD!!!" Alex and I screamed on the top of our lungs. He was lying on the floor with a hole in his stomach. His gaze flickered in my direction and passed me a smile that was more of a grimace.

"Son. I'm not wasting more of my time here. Get on with whatever you wanted me to be here for." Adam's voice rang inside the cell, but I couldn't look at him. Not when my dad was taking his last breaths.

More men entered the room after some time and walked up to me and Alex. Dad was breathing slowly and I knew I won't be able to do shit. I lost all hope for our survival and gave in to my fate.

Three men and Jackson held me while Alex was surrounded by four men and Warner. Jeremy stayed besides Adam whose eyes were fixated on me and shuffled between me, Alex and Dad. Whenever he looked at Dad, his face showed his anger and disdain. I wanted to punch him in the face till he dies, but circumstances were not in my favor.

A guy walked up to me and the next thing I know was a sharp pain in my temple that made me scream bloody murder. My eyes were seeing white for God knows how long until I came back to earth. Alex was screaming while others were laughing. I wanted to know what happened, but it became harder and harder for me when they continued punching me like a bag of sand. Overwhelmed by the pain, my body started to shut down on its own. I didn't want myself to end like this. Suddenly the assault stopped on me, and seconds later I heard Alex screaming. My eyes tried to take control and see what was happening for a guy like him to yell and cry out so loud, but every effort was in vain.

For what seemed like forever, they continued beating us turn after turn. I guess Adam was fed up because I heard him saying something along the lines of 'kill them already.' from afar. It was like I was hearing voices from the other side of the dead end off the tunnel and he was sitting near the entry of the tunnel.

"Hey!!! Wake up!!!" I don't know who was talking to whom, but someone was definitely talking.

"Use this." A clanking sound was heard in the cell. My eyes were totally shut because of the punches so I was now relying on my hearing sense which was also partly working.

"Don't do this. You have no idea what you're doing. Ryan will find you and he will kill you. I swear-" I guessed this as Alex voice because he was the only one who was supporting Ryan like me. Dad was not in the state to speak at all. So my guess was right when he called out my name and asked me to stay with him. I could only grunt which was surprising since I had thought my energy had almost left my body. Maybe everyone was surprised because of me too because immediately after my grunting, I felt a cold sharp objects piercing the skin of my thigh that wasn't already open. I jerked due to the cold but not pain. The cold object kept piercing my skin on different parts of my body making me jerk and twitch every time. I came to the realization that my body had turned numb. I was definitely losing blood but I couldn't feel it.

This was the end. The last thing that came to my mind was Ryan's face hovering over mine while the sun rays kissed his face at an angle, making him glow like my own sun.

The sun in my darkness...

...

Hello Lovelies!!! I had a really nice day...uneventful, but that's what I liked. No drama. No shit-show. So I decided to update a day before. Sooooo here it is. How was it?

If you liked it then click the ⭐ button down there 👇 comment, share and add this book to your library for further updates.

Also, I would like to thank each and everyone of you for choosing this book. Every read and every vote means a lot to me and makes my day. The increase in the reads encourage me to continue writing for you Sweethearts. Since you all are responsible for bringing a grin on my face, I hope you gain happiness and peace too. Last but not the least...

Loads Of Love...&...

Treat People With Kindness

-R

...