XLVII.

Ryan's POV

"How's life boy?" My blood ran cold, not because of Adam but the person he had made his shield to save himself.

He held Lily in front of her who was barely standing. Her hands had cuts all over while her legs were barely visible because of the blood. It looked like she didn't have any clothes on until I realised the pieces that hung from her body covered in red too. Her face was beyond recognizable and her hair had black streaks with red and dirt. Her eyes were closed and I swear she was trying her best to stay conscious, but was slipping rapidly. Her head was lolling from one side to other as Adam kept her holding by her waist and a knife on the other hand pressed to her stomach where there was already a bleeding wound.

"Ryan?" A hoarse voice called me and I turned my head to see Alex calling out to me. His condition was the same, if not worse. Evan signaled a few men to take him out to which Adam didn't complain. He just laughed.

"I wasn't expecting you here at all Martinez. What a surprise!!" Adam said as he tried to position Lily in his arms. I raised my gun, but was stopped by him.

"Don't even think about it. If you try to shoot me, I'll kill her. You won't get her, but if you want her, then I have a proposition." He said.

"Ryan...Anthony." Evan said as he glanced at Anthony's body lying on the floor. A few men gathered him and took him out of the cell. Adam wasn't doing anything. He just held Lily close to her while we carried Anthony out.

"I'll kill you-"

"You won't Martinez. So my proposition..."

"I'm-"I stopped when I saw him pushing the knife inside her a little, but that was more than enough. Her eyes fluttered as her barely seen clear forehead creased in pain.

"My proposition is you let me go and I'll let her live. Simple. And if you don't...you know the consequences." He said as he pulled out the knife again as if teasing a toy. Suddenly Lily's eyes fluttered again and opened as much as they could. She wanted to say something but nothing came out of her mouth. Evan tried to step forward but was stopped when he saw Adam playing with the knife near her waist.

"You're a coward bitch." He said to which Adam smirked.

"Beware of what you say kid. Don't want this to slip inside her. Now do we?" He said as he slid the knife up and down her waist where the wound was. She writhed a little and it took everything in me not to fly in his direction and torture him slowly to death.

"Lily...Baby can you hear me?" I said as softly as possible. Adam gave me a sinister smile as he twirled the knife on her skin. Her body gave the reaction I needed as she tilted a little towards me. She recognized my voice, but Adam pulled her back to him.

"Okay. You can go, but leave her to me." I said. Evan was trying to get my attention but I didn't even look at him. I will kill him and get Lily safe in my arms, I don't know how but I will. Adam nodded.

"Stand aside. Everyone of you. No cheating or I'll kill her." He said as he pushed the knife closer so that it touched her stomach. She tried to wiggle again but Adam hit her on the side with his fist. My men almost jumped at him with me, but he immediately put the knife on her waist and shook his head in our direction.

"One mistake and she's dead." He said with a sinister smile that made my blood boil. We all waited as he took his sweet time to get out of the cell backwards as we followed him. He kept looking behind him when he walked with Lily still in his arms. She was now a bit conscious and tried her best to struggle, but her strength had gone and she could barely stand straight.

"Tell your man to throw their guns before I get out. If I get a single hit on me..." Adam trailed to give more weight to his statement. I ordered on my earpiece to throw guns down. Evan slowed his pace and stayed behind while I stayed in Adam's view. We had been prepared for this situation too and knew what to do.

As soon as Adam walked out of the warehouse, he ordered me to call all my men in front of the building so that no one could shoot me from behind. He kept his back to the wall as soon as he stepped out and pulled Lily in front of him. No one would be able to aim at him in such position. We could shoot from the side, but it wasn't too risky. He was smart but we were smarter. I ordered all my men to show themselves without guns and they did.

"Now...I will go and you will have her to yourself...if she stays alive that is." Adam said as he made his way towards his car that was situated near the warehouse besides the road. A guy was already sitting in the driver's seat. Adam pushed Lily inside and was about to throw himself inside when the car jerked forward and Adam hit the back of it. As soon as this happened, my snippers started shooting at him and he screamed.

The bullets went through him when the snipper got closer. His body jerked back and forth as bullets pierced his body. A satisfaction settled inside me, but that went away as soon as my attention went to the car from which my man came out with Lily in his arms. Evan and I ran towards him as Jim came in front and handled our gang.

"Lily!!! Baby open your eyes. Evan bring the car." The sentence had just left my mouth when a car halted in front of us. Evan sat in the front as I took Lily in my arms and sat in the backseat with her in my lap. The guy who had pretended to be Adam's driver informed us that Alex and Anthony were taken to the hospital from our place as they needed immediate medical attention. I nodded in acknowledgement as Evan ordered the driver to start driving to the nearest hospital as fast as possible.

"Lily...Love...Stay with me alright. Just stay with me. Don't leave me baby. Please..." A sob escaped my lips as I looked at her up close. Her face was covered in blood, her lips had cuts and she was still bleeding. I was devastated to see her state which brought tears in my eyes that kept flowing.

"Stay strong Ryan. We'll be there soon." Evan glanced back at me and said before turning back in front and ordering the driver to accelerate the shit out of the car. My eyes went back to the beauty lying in my lap with her eyes closed as tears continued flowing, prohibiting my vision from seeing her.

The End.

...

Just kidding;-)

Hello Lovelies!!! It got a bit intense I see. So as I said in the earlier chapter, I posted today. Today was my first test and the next test will be day after tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous since it's not my best subject. But I'll pass, that I can guarantee.

Back to the topic.

How was the chapter? If you liked it then click the ⭐ button down there 👇comment, share and add this story to your library for the last update of this story.

Yes. You read it right. The next update will be the epilogue. Are you excited to read it? Comment down below or anywhere you like. Also share your thoughts about this story and how it was as a whole. I would love to read your comments.

Last but not the least...

Loads Of Love...&...

Treat People With Kindness ✌️

-R

...