XXVIII.

I sat on the sofa of the living room with Ryan beside me and Evan in front of us. The letter was in my hand in an envelope and I was in no mood to open it up and read whatever the fuck he had written. After knowing that he was in contact with Adam, I was disappointed would be an understatement. I loved him and never thought that he would betray me like this by talking to someone whom I despised with every cell in my body. I had never seen him but I can bet on my existence that I would never like him even if his looks resembled to that of any Greek God. He was nothing but a bad news that had shattered almost everything in my life. He took my happy life, my so called dad and almost Ryan. I would never forgive him for what he had done to me and all those people around me.

I was brought out of my trance by Ryan who nudged me. I glanced at him to see his face masked in genuine concern and conflict. He was looking at me but his attention was shifting from me to the letter in my hand. Suddenly his fingers brushed the side of my face and took a piece of my hair, twirling it between his fingers and I realized that this was his way of making sure that his temper and concern is under control. He was trying to calm both of us. I gave him a small smile.

"Do you want to do it?" He asked looking back and forth between me and the envelope.

My eyes went back to it and then met his beautiful orbs as I nodded reluctantly with a sigh. He leaned towards me, kissed my temple as softly as possible and I nudged my head in his direction in acceptance. Suddenly a throat clearing was heard and we both looked in front of us to see Evan with a smirk plastered on his devil face.

"You look cute together, no denying, but if you would just spare my virgin eyes from your PDA, I would be more than happy. It sucks to be a third wheel."

He said as if talking about weather. Before I could come up with a smart reply, a gasp left my lips as I was lifted in air and then landed on Ryan's lap. He immediately kissed my neck and swept my hair to the other shoulder while burying his face in my neck and mumbling

"What were you saying Evan?"

My eyes widened as he again kissed my neck and then swept his tongue over the same place. I was feeling his smirk while Evan grumbled mockingly under his breath. I shook myself to get up from his lap but his arms tightened around me, giving me no choice but to get comfortable. Suddenly my eyes fell back on the envelope and all my giddiness went out the window. The change in my mood didn't go unnoticed by the lads and Evan gave me a sad smile while Ryan tightened his arms around me and kissed my shoulder lightly. I tore the side of the envelope and pulled the letter out. Immediately my eyes watered seeing the letter was written on a paper that was torn from my diary that I used when I was a kid. It was the diary given as a gift to me by my father saying that my mother used it when she had met dad and had asked him to pass it to me when I would grow up. So he had given this to me when I was five years old.

Ryan nudged my neck to bring me back from the memory lane. I started reading the letter after blinking back my tears.

Dear Lily

I'm glad that you got my letter and you must know that I will not be here when you receive this. This means that I'm either dead or escaped my death. I can't tell you now.

First of all, I would like to say sorry for hurting you. I knew that you would be crushed after knowing the truth but believe me I never had any intentions to get on your bad side. I know you won't forgive me anytime soon, maybe never. I deserved it. I owe Ryan everything because of how he took you with him with your due permission. I had a reason to arrange your marriage with him.

As you know his father was a good friend of mine since we were kids. But what you don't know is that he saved my life when we had started the expansion in our business and were ambushed by Adam and his men. He took a bullet for me and I owed him my life. In favor, he asked me to give your hand for his son. You two were kids and we agreed, just on one condition that we will give you two the chance to choose your partners for life. When you two grew up to be so handsome man and the most beautiful lady, we decided to let you two meet each other and get to know well.

Rafael was adamant in getting his son married to you because he wanted you as his daughter-in-law. He loved you since he first saw you when you were three years old. And I was more than happy when Ryan grew a liking for you and let him take you away from me. It was for your best.

You might have heard about me keeping in touch with Gonzalez. It's true. I'm in talking terms with him. He wants you and Ryan. I know this too and he thinks that I'm helping him to get to you two. But he's mistaken. I'm keeping tabs on his every move and am trying to protect you. You are not my blood but you're still the only daughter I would ever want. You brought light in my and your mother's life in the most darkest time. You were our hope. You still are. You kept me sane and I want nothing but to fulfill your happily ever after. I know I have failed to do my duties as a good father and there's nothing I could do to change it.

But remember, you will always be my little princess no matter the circumstances. And I hope you forgive me for the sins I did and all the lies I told you. Don't dwell on what you could have been...

Accept what you are and what you will become...My Darling...

Your 'Dad'

I had no idea when the waterworks had started and I had turned into a sobbing mess while reading it. I was not able to decide whether to hit myself with a baseball bat for not trusting him or hit him with a baseball bat for never telling me the truth. I turned on my place and hugged Ryan, seeking comfort in his warm embrace while crying my heart out. I wanted nothing but this to end and get my life back on track. I can't believe what a mess I had become. I had never cried this much in my entire life and here I was sniffing like a two year old who gets her ice cream taken just for fun by elders.

Ryan kept mumbling sweet nothings to me while caressing my back and my hair. I felt a third hand on me which I assumed to be of Evan who consoled me too. I kept crying and crying for how long I don't know but the last thing that I felt was a hand on my back that belonged to Evan and a kiss on my head by Ryan before darkness consumed me...

...

Sorry friends for being late in updating the chapters. My work and college timing are not sparing me extra time to write the parts for this book. But I really appreciate the support and reads that I'm getting on this story and I owe you all for that. I would make sure to update as soon as possible. If you liked this so far...then click the star button at the bottom and comment what you think about it. Also you can share your ideas and add this book to your reading list to keep yourself updated. Till next time...

Loads of Love

-R