Chapter nine ~ confronting fears

When a nurse came to their room that morning Jimin was already awake. He was busy wondering how could such a miserable boy with too many problems could sleep so peacefully that he didn’t notice the stranger in the room until she screamed at the top of her lungs.

    “WHO are you PEople?! WhAT are you doing HEre? Don’t you have school? Are you even authorised to be here?!”

    “Hey hey! It’s fine lady. Both of my friends’ parents are in this hospital, he had a tough day. He needed somewhere to sleep. School can wait for now. We were just leaving anyways. Thanks for waking him up from probably the most sleep he’ll get this week!”

    “Wha- Jiminie? What’s going on? What’s that noise?”

    “Nothing Taehyung we just need to leave.”

    “Oh okay. Well tell her she could have asked nicely.”

    “Wait… Taehyung as in… Kim Taehyung?”

    “Yeah? Wow am I that famous?”

    “My daughter told me much about you.” she sounded kind of mad.

    “Oh my… what’s her name?” Taehyung gulped.

    “Irene.”

    “Oh man holy shet! Jimin dashi run!

    The boys ran past the nurse and kept on running till they reached room 201. When they stopped they were out of breath and giggling.

    “I’m guessing you didn’t end things well with this Irene…”

    “Unless you define ‘well’ as: cheating on her with five different people, breaking up with her by text on her birthday and writing her sister’s name instead of hers while doing that, accidentally butt-dialing her while I was flirting with her best friend… no I didn’t end things well with her.”

    “Oh my god Tae!” Jimin bursted out laughing. “And here I thought I was cruel.”

    “What? At least I took her out on a date at a very expensive restaurant a couple of times and even payed for most of the dinner!”

    “Are you-”

    “I’m kidding Jimin! I’m not proud.”

    “Good!”

    Taehyung was going to say something not really nice but he was cut off by the same doctor coming out from Namjoon’s room.

    “He’s awake and his situation is stable. I can’t say anything precise about when he’ll be able to get out but if it goes like this it seems like he’ll be able to walk out in two weeks. Now coming to the subject of who stabbed him: the police are looking into it.”

    “It’s not that hard it was Ken! That jealous basta-”

    “Tae, it’s okay. Calm down. Your dad’s an important man, they’re going to find out who did it!”

    Taehyung closed his eyes and breathed out. He could feel Jimin’s calming hand hand on his arm. He was so grateful to have him.

    “Can I talk to him?”

    “He’s in there waiting for you.”

    Taehyung took a deep breath. He didn’t know what to expect. He certainly didn’t want to go alone but he knew he needed to. He really appreciated Jimin being there for him but he needed his privacy talking to his dad.