Chapter thirty five ~ phone call

After Kevin handed them the picture and the camera, he turned around, mumbled something about picking them up and left.

"This all looks... perfect... Taehyung." Jimin looked around again, shook.

"Oh, I'm only starting." Tae smiled. "Why don't you eat, I'm sure you both are starving. I told Yoonji not to feed you. The food's getting cold!"

And so they dug in, speaking very little as they elegantly stuffed their mouth full with delicious food. The second they finished with one course, people came in and brought other equally delicious-looking dishes. When they finally reached desert, they were too full to move, let alone talk.

"So Tae..." Jungkook seemed to be struggling getting words out of his mouth, leaning back on his chair, having not touched the rice cake nor the icecream at all. "We appreciate all this. Honestly, this was the best meal I've ever had, I don't think I will be hungry again for another month..." he gestured at the table then looked at his boyfriend again. "But why? I mean... what got into you? Why all this? I'm not saying I don't love it, I just want to genuinely know. And I think I am speaking for the both of us here." he eyed Jimin who just nodded and resumed staring at his plate and contemplating his life choices.

"I want to celebrate! Jackson's probably going to jail and my dad's business is going better than ever."

"So you brought us all the way here to celebrate your father's work?" Jimin raised his head to face Tae after glaring at his mochi one last time. "I kinda find that hard to believe."

"Ok yes, I have a reason." Tae sighed. "This is going to sound cheesy."

"Oh please don't mention food to me right now." Jungkook shook his head. Tae rolled his eyes and continued.

"Eh... so you know how Jungkook said you'd move out if I didn't rest?"

"Yeah?" Jimin raised an eyebrow. "Thanks for reminding."

"When he said that, I felt genuine fear. And I didn't understand why I was feeling that way at first, but then it hit me." he paused for dramatic effect. "I have never been so scared to be separated from someone. I have always been disgusted by lovey-dovey couples. I have always hated the idea of commitment. I just went around, dating everyone I found even a little bit hot, and that was it. I didn't want to commit, and I never wanted to love." he looked at his boyfriends for a reaction. They both were waiting to see where this would go.

"Until I met you, I was miserable. I wanted to push everyone away because I thought I didn't deserve anything. I thought I was a douchebag so I acted like one." he shook his head. "You, Jungkook, were the first guy to be loving enough ever see good in me and you, Jimin, were the first guy to be foolhardy enough to believe that I could change." he smiled. "You both taught me how to love. You both showed me I was worth it. You both saw a lost boy through the tough guy act and you both made me into the person I am today. I am so thankful for that. I love you, and I wanted to show you that I love you." Just as Jungkook opened his mouth to speak, Taehyung continued, cutting him off.

"Today, I realised all my fears and hatreds from the past were foolish. I realised falling in love with the right people were the best thing that could have happened to me. I realised the fact that I am so scared of being seperated from you two does not alarm me, it makes me calmer." He smiled to his boyfriends before resuming his speech.

"It shows me that I love these two amazing people so much that I want to be with them all the time. It shows me that I am loved, I am appreciated and I am happy. I truly am happy for probably the first time in my life. I can't thank you enough for that. I want you to know that I'll always be there for you and I know you'll always be here for me too. I love you two from the bottom of my heart, you are all I have and I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I'm not proposing or anything, I know it's too early for that. I'm just saying that..." his voice trailed off when he saw the look on his boyfriends' faces. They looked more shook than the time they first went in there.