Chapter ten ~ severing ties

Tae took Jimin to a film of his choice. Jimin, being the fun and energetic boy he is, hated love movies, so they just went to Spider-Man instead. During the film, nothing much happened. Both boys hated people who talked in films. They both enjoyed each other’s company in silence while sharing a big popcorn. Jimin rested his head on Tae’s shoulder. He usually hated unnecessary physical contact but leaning on Tae felt… comfortable. When the film ended (and all the end credits finished) they were both smiling.

    “Do you… wanna grab a bite… you know… eat... stuff?” Tae asked.

    “You’re really bad at this.” Jimin laughed. “Yes Tae, I’ll go have dinner with you."

    Taehyung smiled back. “It worked, didn’t it?”

    “I guess it did..”

x    X    x

    They didn’t feel hungry till they sat down. They found a nice place, a small diner, and sat right next to the window to get a good view of the street. Backstreets of Seoul were too nice this time of the year. Scarlet and yellow of threes gave a romantic feeling to the air.

    Both boys, having eaten nothing but popcorns and vending machine chocolates since the morning, were starving so they didn’t talk much when they wereating. It was nearly 2 pm but the school was already finished, it being the first friday of the school season. [a/n: just go with it :)].

    When they were finished they ordered coffee and started to talk. Jimin learned that Tae had to start school a year later because of his father’s job but the subject was quickly changed to kdramas as Taehyung was not comfortable with talking about his family.

    After they fanboyed about the shows they watched for half an hour, there was a silence.

    “So Jiminie…” Taehyung finally said.

    “Yeah hyung?”

    “Nevermind.. It’s nothing.”

    “Tae! Nothing is just nothing!”

    “It’s too early to think about it now. But..”

    “But?”

    “What are we? What is this supposed to be? It’s all too new.”

    “Dating is new for you?!”

    “Dating for real… I mean dating because you want it not because you just want fun and action… If you even call this a date..”

    “Yeah of course I would call this a date!”

    “Nervous? Who are you and what have you done to Taehyung?” Jimin laughed. “What’s wrong?”

    “It’s just… the last time I tried dating someone I actually cared about… I was rejected brutally. I’m kinda scared now.” Tae cursed Jimin’s way of getting everything out. That boy was a living Veritaserum. It wasn’t just what he said.. It was his way of saying it that made Tae talk without even thinking.

    “Oh. Well I can’t say you shouldn’t be scared. I’m actually terrified myself. I’m so…” Jimin took a deep breath. “I’m so sure that I… I wanna be m-more than fri -gosh this is hard!- friends but I don’t know how you feel and that terrifies me.”

    Tae was left speechless. Was Jimin, the boy who was so stubborn and too independent, the boy courageous, foolhardy enough to track him to his house just to ask him about his (ex?) crush, confessing to him?