Chapter thirty nine ~ hope

~enjoy

    The next few hours were a blur for everyone. Taehyung still saw Jimins expression when doctors were rushing him into the emergency room whenever he closed his eyes. He hated seeing Jimin so pale, in between life and death and trying to hold on. He kept imagining the worst, a life without Jimin. Jimins eye-smile was his source of light, he was terrified of losing it forever.

    More than anything, he felt scared. His life was just getting back on track, he had all he ever wanted. Now it seemed like everything was turning into sand, ready to disappear with a soft blow of a soft wind. He had his eyes closed, head leaning on Jungkooks shoulder. He had snuggled up to his boyfriend, holding on to him with all his will, afraid he too was going to slip right out of his hands. They were waiting in front of the door, sat on the chairs right next to it. Jungkook slowly played with Taes hair while Taehyung shaked softly in his arms.

    Seeing Taehyung in that state was unbearable for Jungkook, adding on to his own worries about Jimin. He tried hoping for the best for Jimin but it was hard to hang on to his hopes when Taehyung was buried in his chest, crying. He didnt make a weeping sound exactly, but the sound he was making was somehow way worse than that. It wasnt loud or annoying in any way, it sounded more like the whimper of an imprisoned man who lost all hope of seeing the sun again. Even though it didnt hurt his ears, he felt it inside his heart like a hand that tightened around it, leaving him gasping for air.  

    Jungkook wanted to hug his boyfriend, say it was going to be okay and hold him close but he couldnt bring any of his muscles to move, he couldnt bring himself to say stuff he didnt really believe. He was on the verge of collapsing, the only thing that kept him going was the knowledge that Taehyung needed him to, and he had promised Jimin. He had promised Jimin to look after Tae and he was going to make that his number one priority no matter what. So he just stayed there, playing with his hair and hoped that was enough for Taehyung.

    Jungkook and Taehyung werent brave enough to hold on to the small possibility of Jimin surviving, as they knew if they did they would be even more heartbroken afterwards. Hoseok wasnt like that at all. He never gave up on hope quickly. So when Hoseok and Yoongi arrived along with Taes parents everything suddenly changed. He came in the room smiling, and that small gesture was enough to lighten the mood a little bit and even make Taehyung sit upright. Jungkook smiled back at him, but there was a slight tone of melancholy still in his eyes that broke Hoseoks heart.

    Hello guys. We brought you snacks from the cafeteria. This is going to be a long night but it doesnt have to be miserable. We need to have hope. We owe it to Jimin to not break down. Hoseok walked over to Taekook and held their hands. You two need to go to the toilet and wash up. You look horrible. Do you want Jimin to see you like this when he wakes up? He wants to see the two hot men he chose to date, not two homeless-looking guys who never had the money to take a shower!

    How- Taehyung started. How can we not give up Hoseokie? his eyes were filled again, god knows how many times that made on that day. I love him, and hes in there dying- he nearly choked up on the last word and stopped, it felt like his vocal cords had abandoned him.

    Hoseok just laughed at that. Jimin? Dying? Do you really think that boy who is so courageous and strong even knows what that word means? Hell have his time, but I can assure you it wont be today nor tomorrow nor any time soon. That boy would flip the grim reaper off in there and he wouldnt have a chance but go back home empty handed.

    You didnt see him in the ambulance Jungkook looked distant when he was saying it. It looked like we were talking to his ghost. I had never seen him like this, I dont know him for as long as you but I can tell you that I never thought hed ever look that hopeless. That boy has been through a lot, yet he was always the strong one to keep soldier on, but today his voice trailed off for a while. He was just so pale. he breathed out in the end, looking down.