Chapter fifteen ~ 6AM

That night Jimin saw Yoongi in his dream. It was a cold winter night of their junior year. There were in Jimin’s old apartment, the one him and Yoongi were living in before they moved out for school. The living room was only lit by the fire in the fireplace. The clock above that showed 00:27.

    “Jiminie, there’s no easy way to say this.” Yoongi was saying. He seemed like he was in pain, like it hurt him to speak. “You should sit down.” he said gesturing to the sofa.

    “What’s wrong hyung?”

    “I care about you very much Jiminie.” Yoongi started to speak. “I don’t want to hurt you, I never did.”

    “I love you too Yoongi. You’re scaring me!”

    Yoongi closed his eyes. “You have a really good heart. You’re just- perfect. Ugh I wish-” he looked to Jimin, his eyes were teary now. “I wish I could say those words back.”

    “‘I love you’?! You’ve said it countless times!”

    “And I meant it- I mean I thought I did. You deserve someone better. Someone who can love you with all their heart.”

    “Are you… breaking up with me?”

    “I can’t do this to you Jimin. You deserve someone who loves you.”

    “And you... don’t?” Jimin was on the verge of crying.

    “I do. I love you, just not in the way you expect me to.”

    “So it was all a lie?!” Jimin walked up to him. He knew Yoongi felt bad too but he couldn’t control his anger. How could he have ever thought he could get a happy ending? Why did he ever expect to grow old with someone he loved? He hated himself for being so gullible and ever trusting someone with his heart.

    “It wasn’t. I just-”

    “Is this about Hoseok somehow?”

    “I-” Yoongi looked down.

    “It is! Oh my god it is!”

    “Jimin. Don’t be mad at me please. I already feel horrible.” Jimin calmed himself down. He felt exhausted.

    “Are you cheating on me Yoongi? Is that why you made me sit down and listen to your chliché nonsense?”

    “No! Never.”

    “So is this it? The end?”

    “I- I mean I would hate to just break things off. I was hoping- maybe we could go back to being friends.”

    Jimin sighed. Being friendzoned while dating that person was a new kind of low. “I don’t want to break it off either. But I need time.”

    “I get that. First thing tomorrow I’ll be packing out.” the image faded and Jimin jolted awake.

    “Don’t leave me.”

    He woke up in sweats. This was the first time in a while he saw that night in his dream again. He cursed himself for memorising every detail so painfully well. He looked to his right, Taehyung was nowhere to be seen. He was still very sleepy. He put his head back on the pillow. “Taehyungie, where are you?” he called.

x    X    x

Tuesday morning Taehyung suddenly woke up realising he wasn’t wearing anything. His mind started to rush for a second till he saw Jimin, peacefully sleeping next to him covered in blankets.