Chapter eighteen ~ that boy...

“Taehyungie!” Jimin ran after his boyfriend. “Taehyungie, wait up!”

    Tae walked like he didn’t hear him. He was too busy cursing the angel who sent Jimin to him. Jimin, a boy so pure and kind-hearted to trust and love him when he didn’t even trust himself.

    “Tae, please stop walking. Don’t run away from your past and problems. I forgive you.” Jimin stopped walking. Taehyung was much taller and faster than him, he couldn’t possibly reach him if he tried. “I forgive you cause I love you Tae.”

    Taehyung stopped dead on his tracks. “I have to tell you something Jiminie. You won’t like it. You won’t love me anymore probably but I can’t keep it in anymore.”

    “I’ll decide on my feelings. What is it?”

    “Not here!” Taehyung sighed. He was mentally exhausted from trying to be a person he wasn’t. He didn’t even know who he was anymore. Was he the tough guy who beat up everyone that crossed him? was he the soft and dorky teen like Jungkook and Jimin believed him to be?

    Jimin took him by his hand and lead him into an empty classroom. It was the same class Tae bullied him in on their second day, he realised, cursing.

    “Jiminie. There’s no easy way to say this.” he said. He seemed like it hurt him to speak. “You should sit down.” he said gesturing to the table. He couldn’t help imagining the night Yoongi broke up with him. Taehyung had the same expression Suga had that night. Jimin had to keep thinking ‘this is Tae, not Yoongi, he will not leave me.’ He sat down and closed his eyes.

    “I care about you very much Jiminie.” Taehyung started to speak. “I don’t wanna hurt you, I never did.” Jimin opened his eyes and was kind of taken aback to see it was still Taehyung who was talking and they were still in school. He had kind of imagined they somehow went to his old house next to the fireplace with Yoongi.

    “I- are you breaking up with me Tae?” he asked, not being able to hold himself.

    “NO! Hell no! I love you and I don’t want to break up. Ever.” Jimin felt a wave of relief.

    “Yesterday night,” Taehyung continued “when I…” He sighed. “When we started dating I was sure I had no romantic feelings left for Jungkook left. I always feel comfortable, happy and loved when I’m around you. But last night when… when I kissed him, I felt something that I didn’t know existed.” Taehyung regretted saying it the moment he blurted it all out. He didn’t want to lose Jimin but he knew if he kept it all in it wouldn’t be fair to him. He couldn’t keep pretending to be someone who he wasn’t and keep his sanity much longer. There was a silence before he continued.

    “I was- I am so sure that I love you Jimin. But-”

    “But you love him too?” Jimin didn’t really have an expression on his face which made Taehyung even more scared. He didn’t seem surprised or angry. He just seemed like you were telling him two plus two made four and it made him oddly happy to hear that…

    “It’s complicated. I kept hoping I wouldn’t feel anything when I kissed him but-”

    “You felt free? Like you didn’t have any problems?”

    “Yea- hoW?!”

    “Remember yesterday you lost the bet?”

    “And Jungkook got a kiss, you just did that to annoy me though!”

    “Yeah well my initial plan was to make you so jealous that you would pull me away.” Jimin looked down. “But I had to stop myself.”

    “Because you felt something?”