Epilogue

It was 10 years ago. Ten years ago Taehyung lost his light. He would be lying if he said it hurt like yesterday. Now that he was CEO, married to the only love of his life, with two kids, he could sometimes go on for weeks without really thinking about him. The first few months were the worst: barely sleeping, just hugging Jungkook at nights and being a wreck in the mornings.

Now, that day was the tenth anniversary of the incident. Every year Jungkook and he hosted a small dinner at their place on that date, as a memorial. They had this tradition of going through the box together before sleeping. It just felt like the right thing to do.

Taehyung found himself staring at the framed picture of him, Jungkook and Jimin from when they were young. It was from the night where he had taken them to a surprise dinner date and ice skating. That night meant so much to him... It was at that night he realised he wanted to spend the rest of his life with those two. He had wanted that night to be every night.

He snapped back to reality when he heard the door to his office opening. "There's a little surprise for you." his secretary, husband and his source of happiness [also his sub] called from outside. He was always against Jungkook being his secretary, knowing that in the movies it never worked out. He was scared it would end up in a fight as one was higher in rank than the other. He trusted himself to never treat Jungkook with disrespect, but that didn't stop his fears. Whenever he brought it up Jungkook just shrugged it off and said: 'Now I won't be worrying about you cheating on me with your hot secretary, because I am your hot secretary.'

Three kids spilled into the office (two of which were his), followed by two adults. "They got real excited for the dinner tonight they couldn't wait." Yoongi explained, looking flustered. "We have to go to work, the nanny cancelled the last second and well... they wanted to come here." Yoongi and Hoseok had only one kid, they had named her Jimin like he had wanted them to. The three of them always visited Tae, Jungkook and the kids. The difference of these annual dinners was that, everybody showed up. The kids loved to play with auntie Irene and uncle Bogum, as much as they were bored with uncle Namjoon's life advices and aunt Jean's unfunny jokes. Jimin was dead scared of aunt Yoonji, but Tae and Kook's kids knew better than that. They knew exactly what to say to make her soft.

Some of Kook and Hoseok's dance club friends were also on the guest list, followed by Tony. Tony was always so good with the kids, even though he was one of the oldest people there. Meanwhile Soonyoung, Minghao and Junhui just stayed away from the children, on the other side of the table.

Perhaps one of the most important guests was just a teenager though. Irene's nephew Jinhyung had never missed a meeting, he owed at least this to Jimin. Yet he was a new-ish addition to the dinners, the first few years he didn't join. Not because he was too young to understand, but because Taehyung and Jungkook couldn't look at him without bursting into tears right after.

Taemin and Minkook had the same age, about to be 4. <science part> Jungkook and Taehyung had both given up their stem cells a while back, which were transformed to reproduction cells in the lab environment. They were expecting one kid, but two zygotes had formed so they paid the carrier mother twice as much and the woman didn't complain. </science part> [this isn't practiced now but there is promising work, i hope it will be a thing in 10 years] [i'm sorry... biology and genetics interest me so much i wanted to add this]

Taehyung watched in horror as three toddlers filled his office and started playing with whatever they found. He gave Jungkook a look that said "Help me.", Jungkook just smirked and turned to do his own work. Taehyung took a mental note to fire him when he didn't need him anymore, which was a time they both knew would never come.

By the time Taehyung finally made two of the interns take care of the children by bribing them with a good recommendation letter, an hour had already passed. Jungkook was mostly done with his work for that day and left early (without even asking...) to help with the dinner preparations at home. Tae still had two more hours, he sometimes wished he had a boss like Jungkook's...