Chapter twenty five ~ finding out

The boys had a wonderful Christmas night. They played games, they joked around, they talked, drank, laughed. Sometimes Tae’s parents even joined their conversation. At some point Hoseok, Jimin, and Jungkook showed their some of the dance moves they had for the show on New Year’s Ball. When it was nearly two am and it was time to sleep, they all went to their beds happily, relieved that there hadn’t been a mistletoe accident.

    Taehyung, Jungkook, and Jimin used Tae’s room as usual. Hoseok and Yoongi took the big guest room next to it. Jean and Namjoon were using Namjoon’s room on other side of the house, far away from the boys.

    When the trio reached their room, they were too exhausted.

    “Hey Taehyung!” Jimin said, trying to lighten up the mood a little. “Isn’t your birthday near?”

    “Yeah it’s on 31st of December, new years eve.” Tae said, turning his head to Jimin. He was half naked, Jimin had caught him mid-change. He didn’t seem to care about it though.

    “So… you’ll be eighteen.” Jimin continued.

    “I will.” Tae crossed his eyebrows as he started to see what Jimin was going for.

    “And Kook here will still be sixteen.” Jimin said. Jungkook turned his head when he heard his name, he hadn’t been listening to the conversation. He was busy examining the music box as if he was trying to memorize all of its details.

    “Yeah…?” Tae said, finally finding his comfortable gucci t shirt and putting it on.

    “I’ve always wanted to be an outlaw!” Jimin smiled. Both boys turned to Jimin and rolled their eyes.

    “Okay, jokes aside.” Jimin continued to smile. “Jungkook, I really loved your video. I can’t thank you enough. It was really thoughtful and beautiful.”

    “You guys are always so good to me. You changed my life and you are the reason I smile these days. I just wanted to return the favor.”

    “Jungkookie I love you!”

    “Awww you guys are too cutee.” Taehyung rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed from the lack of attention he was getting. “Please don’t start crying again.”

    “Tae you have to wait your turn! Be patient.” Jungkook walked over him and left a kiss on his boyfriend’s cheek.

    Jimin snorted. “Pfft ‘don’t start crying again’... says the boy who ended up sobbing in mommy’s arms!”

    “Hey it’s different!” Tae stuck out his tongue.

    “Hey now! Don’t get childish again!” Jungkook said.

    “Sorry Jungkook.” Both boys mumbled.

    “And I’m supposed to be the maknae.” Jungkook murmured under his breath, making his boyfriends laugh.

    “Hoseok’s gift was really good too.” Jungkook added.

    “Yeah, baby boy sure knows how to pick a gift.” Tae said, immediately covering his stomach because he was scared he could be hit. But Jungkook didn’t seem to mind and Jimin just raised an eyebrow and shrugged.

“Speaking of Hoseok, I have to check on them. I’ll be back.” Jimin said, slipping out of the dorm.

x    X    x

    Yoongi was at a loss for words and his eyes were filled. The second he reached his room, he had started reading Jimin’s note while Hoseok went to the bathroom to take the makeup off his bruises.