Chapter thirty eight ~ goodbye

“JIMIN”

    Taehyung’s voice tore out the skies. He stumbled down the stage and ran towards his boyfriend, he heard some people mumbling around him but he didn’t care to look back. His eyes only saw Jimin in Jungkook’s arms, alarmingly pale. Jungkook was trying to shake him awake without any luck. Yoongi had called the hospital already, and Hoseok had rushed to get some cold water.

    “What happened?!” Taehyung shouted once he was there. He was having a hard time remembering what had been going on. He had to save Jimin, the only person that mattered was Jimin at that moment.

    “It’s because of me.” Yoongi choked up. “He hit his head hard yesterday when he was protecting me. Omg Jimin why-”

    “Shhh it’s ok Yoongi, it wasn’t your fault. Don’t you dare blame yourself.” Jungkook reached out to put a hand to his friend’s shoulder, holding Jimin tight with his other arm.

    Taehyung reached for Jimin’s wrist to check his pulse. His hair seemed even messier now. His makeup was still intact, lightly highlighting around his miserable looking eyes. He was a total wreck.

    “Don’t worry Taehyungie,” Jungkook started. “He just fainted.”

    “donT wOrry?!” he turned to his boyfriend. “He probably has an internal bleeding now. Didn’t you learn anything in bio? If the blood pressures his spinal bulb even a little bit he’d-” he choked up. “We need to get him to a hospital immediately. A day already passed, we could be too late! Why hasn’t anyone told me about this?!”

    “You were having fun- we didn’t want to ruin it for you…” Jungkook looked down, averting his eyes from Tae’s piercing glare. “I’m sorry Tae. I didn’t know- I honestly didn’t know. I thought he just got a little tipsy and I was trying to handle him. I swear if I thought it was serious I’d tell you.” Tae was just about to say something when Hoseok walked up with a cup of cold ice water.

    “Hey… I hope this works.” they could hear the sound of the ambulance nearing. Tae took the cup from Hoseok’s hands and splashed some water on Jimin’s face. [a/n: as Jimin fainted because of an internal bleeding in his head, this shouldn’t work. But it will, for dramatic effect…]

    “Huh?” Jimin said opening his eyes and looking around, dumbfounded. “Tae? Kook? What are you looking at? Do I have something on my lip? Why do you look so concerned?”

    Instead of answering his dumb and confused boyfriend, Taehyung pulled him in a tight hug. “I love you so much Jiminie.” he whispered. “You got me worried sick.”

    They stayed like that for a small while till the ambulance arrived. Jungkook and Taehyung were let in as well, as they were Jimin’ boyfriends. Namjoon and Jin changed and got in their car, driving Yoongi and Hoseok to the hospital with them.

    “Hey…” Jimin started once the ambulance took off. He was laying down the stretcher, Jungkook and Taehyung were sitting on both his sides. A doctor was with them, quietly doing some checkups and assuring Jimin was conscious.

    “Hey Jiminie.” Jungkook smiled. “We got so worried.”

    “Don't worry, I'm fine for now.” he closed his eyes, he seemed thoughtful. He furrowed his eyebrows and faced the older boy. “Hyung-”

    “Yeah?” Tae cocked his head, confused by the sudden sincerity of his boyfriend’s voice.

    “I’m sorry.” he sighed. “I know this was your big day and I ruined it. I was foolhardy enough to stand up to the bullies, right before your big day. I’m sorry for having it end so early. You deserved to be happy today. I took it away from you. Today shouldn’t have been about me.”