eleven

Jimin woke up with a start, a look of terror on his face when he heard the clap of thunder and heavy rain pelting angrily against the window.

He whimpered and looked to the right, where Yoongi slept, only to find the spot empty and the sheets crumpled up.

"Daddy?"

Lightening flashed and distant thunder rolled, causing the little to shriek in fright and jump under the duvet, clutching it tight and breathing heavily.

Fat salty tears began to roll down the male's plump cheeks, and his bottom lip began to tremble, a sob climbing up his throat.

"DADDY!" he wailed, not being able to stop the on pour of tears.

He waited, sobbing and trembling, for his Daddy to come and hug him and tell him he'll be all right, until he fell asleep in his embrace, but nothing happened.

The thunder got more excessive and the rain was banging on the window. Jimin was afraid it would break, and that only made him more scared, but he got up the courage to get out of bed in his dinosaur footie onesie, and leave the room.

The living room and kitchen were empty, the only source of light being from the flashes of lightening through the windows every few seconds.

Jimin continued crying, calling out for his Daddy and checking every room, and it was only when he saw the office door ajar, a dim light coming from it.

He peeked in, seeing Yoongi fast asleep at the desk, head in his arms and light snores escaping his mouth. The thunderstorm didn't bother him. Jimin recalled a time when Yoongi told him the thunder helped his inspiration, of course he was Big at the time.

"Daddy!" wailed Jimin, running forward. He skidded forward on the wooden floor, nearly crashing down when strong arms caught him.

"Jiminie? Why are you crying—" the elder didn't get to finish his sentence when another clash sounded out, another sob escaping the smaller male's saliva covered lips.

"Oh, baby," Yoongi brought the little into a hug, placing him on his lap and letting the boy cry into his neck.

"Dad-dy, Minnie got s-s-scared and w-when he waked up you-you were gone! Minnie s-so so scared! Thought you l-left Minnie!" Jimin cried, tears, snot and saliva covering his visage.

"I'm sorry, baby. Daddy was just getting a bit of work done, I must've fallen asleep. Daddy's never, ever going to leave you, baby." he soothed, stroking his younger boyfriend's orange hair, damp with sweat.

"Thunder scary, Dada," whispered Jimin, speech slurred.

"I know, bubs, but Daddy's here now. Is my baby feeling littler?" the elder asked softly. Jimin looked up, brown eyes still wet and reflecting fear. Yoongi felt a pang in his heart and cradled him.

"Such a good boy come finding Daddy. I'm here now, you're okay," he whispered fondly, and Jimin sniffles eventually subsided and he yawned.

"Let's go to sleep now, okay? Daddy'll be right beside you." Yoongi said, yawning himself. The thunder seemed to of calmed down a bit.

"Bot bot?" Jimin questioned softly. Yoongi smiled and nodded, picking the younger up and placing him on his hip.

"Of course, little prince." he replied, carrying him to the kitchen and gently placing him on the counter, opening the top cabinet and grabbing Jimin's baby bottle.

Jimin rarely used it, only if he was feeling extra little or sad, but Yoongi didn't mind one bit. He loved feeding him and the look of adoration in his eyes when he looked up at him was the best thing in the world.

He quickly prepared the bottle, testing the temperature on his wrist to make sure it wasn't too hot. He picked the sleepy little up again and carried him to their shared bedroom, placing him down on the bed.

He cuddled up to Jimin, putting the bottle in his mouth. His face immediately relaxed and his eyes blinked up at him sleepily.

He felt like the luckiest man in the world.