thirty-six

Angry Daddy P5.

Several days passed. Several stressful days.

While Seokjin and Namjoon were there for Jimin and letting him stay in their home, the two still had jobs and couldn't always be there to watch over him whenever he slipped. Jimin had been fluctuating from headspaces multiple times a day, resulting in unwanted accidents and tears. It was very exhausting and hurtful for the two to see their younger friend in so much emotional pain and on the fifth day they decided they had to try get him and Yoongi to talk again.

Yoongi's health was slowly spiralling downhill. He spent the days locked away in his studio, getting work done. With the other three friends knowing of the situation, they all tried to do things to cheer Jimin and Yoongi up but either it was temporary or did nothing at all.

"We need to do something," Seokjin murmured to his boyfriend. "Giving the two time definitely wasn't what they needed, if anything, I think I just made matters worse."

"Hey, you've done nothing but be there for both of them. It's time they try and sort this out without our constant supervision," Namjoon said quietly. "Besides, Yoongi just thinks Jimin has been Big. I'm sure he'd intervene if he knew about Little Jimin popping in and out several times a day."

"You're right. That's probably the most distressing thing to a caregiver, I mean, I know it would be for me," Seokjin added.

He strolled casually into the room where they had left Little Jimin to sit with a cartoon on just five minutes earlier, but it looked as though Big Jimin had come out if the strewn pacifier and phone between his hands were anything to go by.

"M'texting Taetae," Jimin mumbled, glancing up. "He sent a picture of Kookie, look." The younger held the phone up, displaying an adorable photo of the little draped in pink cake batter.

"It's a little chilly for ice cream, though, hm?" Seokjin mused, taking a seat. Jimin released a tiny giggle, the sound soft. It was the second sound of happiness they'd heard, the first being when Namjoon turned into the tickle monster. Although that had ended badly with a pee covered onesie.

"It's not ice cream. They're makin' a cake!" Jimin said, change of pitch in his voice indicating he had slipped once more.

Seokjin smiled lightly, observing the picture closely. "They didn't use heat proof food colouring; it's going to discolour."

Jimin simply tilted his head in confusion. This earned a small smile from Jin as the older placed the phone down, deciding how he should bring up the subject. Since Jimin was clearly little, he'd have to refer to Yoongi as the title Daddy. It only made sense and Jin hoped it didn't perturb the younger.

"Darling," he started. Jimin looked on with large brown eyes. "How... how about we go and see Daddy today?"

Jimin blinked rapidly, lips parting and trembling ever so slightly. Of course, the reaction was expected but Jin hoped he didn't burst into tears or slip into a panic attack.

After a few moments of silent, the little began vigorously shaking his head, eyes downcast, mumbling, "No, no, can't. D-Daddy don't like Jimin anymore. Jimin m-makes Daddy sick, can't, Uncle Jinnie, no." The younger's murmurs eventually turned panicky and fast so Jin quickly scooped the little up and began soothing him, wiping the tears away.

He then decided it would've been best to bring it up to Big Jimin instead of a sensitive baby Jimin.

Still cradling Jimin, Seokjin turned towards his boyfriend stood in the doorway and quietly shook his head, indicating it hadn't gone down too well. They'd try again later.