twenty

tw; animal death; a little graphic

"Keep it steady, you're doing great, babe."

Jimin's hands were tight around the steering wheel, nerves racking through his veins, causing goosebumps to surface and his palms to sweat and he was absolutely sure he would of totaled the vehicle by now if it wasn't for his supporting boyfriend beside him, guiding and praising him.

Jimin decided it was finally time to get his driver's license after Jungkook recently got his, and being two years older than the boy, of course he was a little annoyed and envious (though he wouldn't admit it). Declaring he wanted to learn how to drive to Yoongi two weeks ago was a decision made from jealousy and he was definitely starting to regret it.

Yoongi agreed to teach him and they spent the last few days learning the signs and controls, the easy stuff. The day had come where it was time to actually get behind the wheel and Yoongi picked out a rural road, completely away from civilization. 

"A turn's coming up, oh God, what if I crash and kill us both?" The 22 year old was panicking, breaths coming out violently as he was close to hyperventilating.

"Stop the car, Jimin, slowly," Yoongi instructed softly. It did nothing to ease Jimin's worry and he immediately thought he did something wrong, foot stamping on the break. The sudden stop sent the both of them lunging forward a little, but their seat belts held them back safely and just a bit winded.

Jimin was close to tears. "I'm sorry, hyung."

Yoongi's eyes softened. The sheer look of fear that he had disappointed his hyung on Jimin's face tugged harshly at his heartstrings, so much that Jimin could play cat's cradle with them if he wanted to.

"Hey, hey, it's all right. You did great. I wanted you to pull over so you could calm down, baby. You look like you're about to faint," Yoongi chuckled but his words were laced with concern.

"Driving is scary," Jimin mumbled with a pout, his voice changing slightly in pitch.

"I know, but you're doing so, so good. I'm so proud of you." Yoongi pecked the other on his lips. It was a quick kiss that would look platonic to anyone else, but it was filled with compassion and love. "We can stop if you want, baby. I'll drive us home and we can cuddle on the couch and watch some movies with popcorn?"

The offer was tempting to both Big and Little Jimin. He wasn't sure which one he was right one either, it's like he was inbetween. As much as he wanted to

"I'm okay to continue, hyung. Just for a little bit, then we can go home?" Jimin asked.

Yoongi grinned. "Of course, sugar."

Jimin slowly began driving again, listening to his boyfriend's praises and guidance. He drove past the rocky turn carefully, speeding up a little once he gained enough confidence. A bright but nervous smile played at his plump lips and it was all going well until a soft thump was heard.

Almost instantaneously Yoongi leaned over and hit the breaks for Jimin, though not hard enough to send them both forward again. Everything seemed to freeze.

"What was that?" Jimin squeaked out, eyes bulging out of his head. "Did we—did I hit something?"

"Stay here," Yoongi ordered hastily, clambering out of his seat belt and the car. Jimin watched through the front window, taking in how his boyfriend's eyes widened dramatically upon seeing the front of the car.

Jimin shot out of the vehicle like a bullet, ignoring the older's warnings. He halted in his steps upon seeing what exactly was in front of the car.

A small fluffy grey animal was laying in front of their old car, paws sprawled out lazily that it almost looked asleep. It's tongue was out of it's mouth, painting the road crimson red like a stream of paint that had trailed from the palette. The front of the car was dented a bit but neither of the two males were concerned about that.

"Daddy!"

Yoongi looked up, shocked, though he knew Jimin would slip. It was inevitable. He was quickly in caregiver mode and ran forward, consoling his now crying little and trying to block his view from the unfortunate creature.

"Daddy's right here, baby. You're all right," he cooed, stroking Jimin's soft blonde hair. He felt his shirt dampen from the tears and he swore he could hear his heart break in two.

"No, I-I killed the-the doggy, Dada! Jiminie killed the wittle doggy!" Jimin cried, hiccuping and sniffling. His cheeks were red and covered in warm salty wetness.

"No, little one, it's not a dog. It's a raccoon, and it's not your fault at all, do you hear me, Jiminie?" Yoongi cupped the younger's face and made him stare into his eyes as he tried to get him to understand.

"But Jimin drived into it and hurted it and now it-it won't wake up!" He tried to free himself from his boyfriend's gentle but firm grip to see the raccoon but to no avail as Yoongi held on.

"You couldn't of possibly stopped in time, baby. It's a hard turn, anyone would've-would've hurt the raccoon. It's not your fault at all, it's Daddy's. He shouldn't of picked this road where all the animals live." Yoongi swore at himself mentally, but was glad to see Jimin's tears were ceasing.

"No, not Daddy's..." Jimin sniffled, bottom lip trembling. The skies were darkening the Yoongi knew it would be pitch black soon and they still had to get home.

"Come on, you must be cold, huh? Let's go home and snuggle with your stuffies and watch The Princess and The Frog." Yoongi steered Jimin back to the car, thankful he didn't struggle. He buckled him in the passenger's seat easily then placed himself in the driver's.

"We tan't leave the raccoon!" It was obvious that Jimin was regressing to a little headspace and Yoongi just wanted to get them home.

"It'll have diseases, baby, we can't touch it. We don't have any supplies and by the time we get some it'll be dark. Someone else will find it and make it better, okay?" He knew it was bad to lie but he had many reasons.

"Otay," Jimin agreed easily, eyelids drooping.

It would be a while before Yoongi could persuade Jimin to drive again.

_

sorry, no Christmas chapter. I'm terrible at those but I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and if you don't celebrate it, I hope you had an amazing day.

also not edited so sorry for any mistakes!