sixteen

"Why can't Daddy tell Minnie now?" Jimin huffed, brows furrowed together and his ruby red lips set into a pout as he begrudgingly let Yoongi button up his coat.

Yoongi had told Jimin that morning he had a surprise for him, but he wouldn't get to have it until the evening. That left Jimin grumpy for half of the morning, complaining about having to wait but a stern look and threat from his caregiver had made him shut up.

"Because it wouldn't be a surprise then, would it, baby?" Yoongi smirked in amusement, giving a chaste kiss to the younger's lips to remove the adorable pout.

"But Jiminie has been waitin' all day! Not fair, Daddy!" the blonde said, dramatically flinging his short arms in the air before bouncing them back to his side.

"Can you be a good boy and wait a little more for Daddy?" Yoongi asked, eyebrows raised. Jimin gnawed on his lip, thinking hard before a bright smile broke out on his face and his cute crooked tooth came into view.

"Yes, Daddy. Minnie be a good boy." he giggled.

"That's a good boy. Let's go."

***

Jimin sang along to the Pororo theme song throughout the entire car ride, glancing out the window to see if he could see where they were headed, but he didn't recognise the route.

He had wondered vaguely if Yoongi had tricked him into thinking he had a pleasant surprise waiting, like a trip to the park or the zoo, but instead they went to the dentist or doctors. He pushed those thoughts away; his Daddy wouldn't do that to him.

"We nearly there, Daddy?" he asked for the nth time as they came to a stop in traffic. Yoongi sighed and turned to face his little, mirth glinting in his eyes.

"Yes, we're nearly there, prince. You're going to love your surprise." teased Yoongi and Jimin bounced on his seat.

"Minnie can't wait!" he squealed, eyes disappearing from his cheerful smile. Yoongi chuckled and ruffled his hair before the green light came on and he began driving again.

After two more times of Jimin asking if they were there, they actually got to the destination. They parked in a dark car park as it was night time, but once they stepped out from the vehicle, delightful music and screams of laughter were heard in the distance, bright colourful lights shining over the trees.

"Think you can take a guess, sweet pea?" Yoongi grinned, clasping his large hand in the little's considerably smaller one as they headed towards the exciting commotion.

"Party?" he questioned, but Yoongi simply shook his head with a gummy smile. The noises got louder until they rounded the trees and came to every child, or in this case, little's dream.

"A funfair!" Jimin exclaimed, eyeing all the big rides with wide eyes, mouth agape in awe.

There were all kinds of fun rides, from a classic carousel to teacups to a big wheel, and roller coasters, skids. There were even small games like hit the bottle, rubber duck fishing plus activities such as face painting and sand art.

Jimin squealed with delight, engulfing the older male in a hug. Yoongi stumbled in surprise before wrapping his own arms around the younger's smaller frame.

"Do you like the surprise, kitten?" Yoongi whispered directly in the little's ear so it would be heard over the excitement of the funfair.

"Minnie love, love loves it! Thank you, Daddy!" Jimin clapped his hands together, little feet jumping up and down. Children with their parents began to stare, and a group of teenage girls began giggling unbeknownst to Jimin but Yoongi definitely noticed and shot a lethal glare, which made them shuffle away quickly.