nineteen

Saying Jimin liked dogs was a huge understatement.

He absolutely loved them, adored them, cherished them. Yoongi often had to restrain the younger from running off at the sight of a puppy across the street, and had to be careful not to take the route past the pet shop because he was sure he'd come victim to Jimin's doe eyes and buy him an animal, most likely a dog.

Of course that wasn't enough to keep Jimin from begging for a pet puppy with his pretty puppy eyes. Every Christmas and birthday he'd ask for one, multiple times a day. It was heartbreaking to deny his boyfriend, but their apartment was simply too small for an animal, not to mention their experience, or lack thereof.

"Daddy, Daddy!" When Jimin's high pitched voice and giggles filled the room's silence, he turned from his laptop screen and welcomed the other with a grin. "Look whats Jiminie drawed!"

In between the plump fingers was a piece of paper. A messy drawing of a little brown dog sat in the center, its fur evidently curly. A purple collar fit snug around its neck. Green crayon grass coloured the bottom half of the page while a baby blue the top, plus a yellow blob in the corner that Yoongi guessed to be the sun.

"Beautiful, sugarplum. This deserves to be hung on the fridge for all to see. Daddy's little Picasso." He kissed the cherub cheek of Jimin, gently taking the page.

"Pitta-sow?" Jimin scrunched his nose up in confusion; the word his Daddy just said was foreign on his tongue and hard to pronounce for little Jimin.

"Picasso, baby. He was a famous artist in the past," Yoongi explained briefly as he stuck the drawing on the metal of the fridge with two alphabet magnets.

Jimin seemed disinterested now, his attention solely on his piece of art. "Daddy, that's our doggy. Cans we get a puppy? Pwease?"

Yoongi sighed, having already had this particular conversation a handful of times.

"Jimin, you know we can't. Our apartment is too small for a big dog, and we don't know how to care for one. You'll have to take it on walks in all weather, then scoop its sh-poo up. How about a little goldfish instead? Like Nemo?"

Jimin huffed, bottom lip sticking out in his signature pout though this one seemed to radiate annoyance instead of sadness, maybe a mix of both.

"Don' wanna stupid fishy! Jiminie wants a puppy!" the younger exclaimed, balling his hands into small fists and stomping his feet dramatically.

The older raised his eyebrows in warning. "Jimin."

Jimin uncurled his fingers quickly, remorse evident on his visage. He sniffled, eyeing the pristine kitchen tiles. "Jiminie's sorry, Daddy. Di'nt mean to be mean. Nemo no stupid."

"You weren't mean, angel. Is my baby a little grumpy? Is it time for a nap?" Yoongi cooed, picking Jimin up and carrying him to their shared bedroom. He plonked him on the bed carefully.

"Sleepy," Jimin yawned, fist rubbing his eye cutely. Yoongi pulled the Teletubbies duvet over him, tucking him in nice and snug.

"When you wake up we'll have some numnums, yeah?" Yoongi stroked the blonde locks of Jimin, watching his eyelids flutter closed tiredly until his breathing evened out and he was fast asleep.

Yoongi watched for a few more minutes before getting up, his back cracking uncomfortably but satisfyingly at the same time. Just as he was about to get back to his work, his phone rang.

Seokjin-Hyung.

He answered the call while opening the fridge and grabbing a refreshing bottle of water, droplets of ice cold liquid decorating the plastic.