thirty-five

Angry Daddy P4.

Namjoon pulled up at the apartment complex, mentally cursing himself for not having brought an umbrella as the rain had gotten worse, thunder rattling loudly in the distance. It was as though the weather had synced itself to Jimin's emotions. After the bath he was considerably calmer and the rain had receded to a light drizzle, but mere minutes after setting off, it began pouring down heavily which made Namjoon wonder if Jimin had broke down again.

Jogging towards the concrete steps he was glad to find there was shelter above him as he walked. Eventually he reached his friend's floor, grinning slightly at the chalk scribbles on the floor, shielded from the weather, and little colourful plant pots sitting idly by the door.

A door which was ajar.

Namjoon stepped forward cautiously, pushing the door open, feeling as though he was entering a horror house. It certainly felt like that with the dark grey sky and heavy on pour.

"Hyung?" he called, stepping inside. The apartment was quiet but the male could vaguely hear Tinkerbell's voice in the background. "Hyung, are you here? Jimin's back at home with Jin...he's in a bit of a state..."

Silence answered him. Namjoon walked through the hallway, stepping over stuffed animals and Holly's food bowl although he froze upon seeing shards on the floor. Golden, tiny shards. Glancing up, Namjoon easily spotted the broken award on the mantel piece. It was slowly coming together.

Taehyung's bouncy ball sat idly by the coffee table where empty cupcake cases were in a messy pile.

"Hyung?" Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows, walking down the hallway towards the studio. The door was closed shut. Leaning his ear against it, the blonde heard muffled noises of paper shuffling. Instead of knocking, he simply grabbed the door knob and turned, letting himself in.

There, sat at the desk, was Yoongi. Headphones on his shoulders, hundreds of papers littering the ground and the desk. The room was dimly lit, surely the composer couldn't see what he was working on clearly.

"Yoongi?"

The said male startled, released a curse, and snapped around, glaring at the intruder silently before returning to his work.

"Hyung... What happened? Do you know where Jimin is?"

Yoongi froze. "He's not with you?"

"Well, yeah—"

"Okay. I'm working."

Yoongi continued to ignore Namjoon's presence, shuffling with the paperwork mindlessly, clearly not working.

"Christ, hyung, stop it," Namjoon exclaimed, grabbing the papers, trying not to falter at the expression he received in return. Dark and threatening, just like the thunderstorm outside. "Do you even know what state Jimin's in right now? What happened ?"

Yoongi snarled. "Give it back, Namjoon—"

Taking advantage of his height, Namjoon held the papers in the air and backed away, not stepping down until he resolved whatever issue was going on in his closest friend's lives.

"Not until you tell me."

"Give it, you little shit—"

"Is that what you said to Jimin?"

Yoongi froze, avoiding Namjoon's face. Guilt had consumed him and it showed, Namjoon could see clearly.

"Your music award's broken. Taehyung's ball is literally beside it. Did Jimin break it and you... snapped?" he guessed.

Yoongi slumped, defeated, knowing he could no longer turn away from the subject. The second Jimin had left, all the anger had vanished and been replaced by guilt, sadness and other emotions that made Yoongi feel like a piece of shit.

"I more than snapped, Joon, okay?" Yoongi rubbed his face angrily, sitting back at his desk. "I... I was threatening. I don't even remember half of the shit I said, but—fuck, he looked so broken like...like when his father found him all those years ago—"

Yoongi's voice cracked.

"And it was all my fault."

Namjoon truly did feel sympathetic for his friend, Yoongi was filled with guilt and regret. Jimin was filled with sadness and a broken heart. Yoongi rarely cried. At least not in front of any of the others. He'd probably cried in Jimin's presence more than he had in Namjoon's, and they had been friends since they were preteens.

"And you sent Jimin to ours?" Namjoon asked, incredulous. Yoongi's looked up, neck snapping in the process but he seemed used to it as he glared with teary eyes.

"No, of course not," he snapped, offended. "He just...left."

To Namjoon, that seemed even worse but he tried not to let his emotions show in his next words.

"And you didn't go looking for him?"

"What ? Of course I did. I searched everywhere for at least an hour," Yoongi explained, trying to remember how it had happened.

"And then?"

Yoongi glared. "Then you started blowing my phone up and I knew he was with you. That's everything."

It made sense, except for one thing. They lived in an apartment complex. If Yoongi went after Jimin surely he would've caught up with him. Yoongi, almost reading the younger's mind, sighed gravely.

"After I... Jimin wasn't little. He just left. I was in some sort of shock for five minutes? I don't fucking know. All I know is Jimin's never going to trust me in littlespace again, and he's not going to want to be with me anymore," Yoongi said shakily.

"If that's Jimin's decision, then I'll accept it."

Namjoon stared for a few seconds, the room enveloped in silence.

He realised the extent of the whole situation. It wasn't a silly little fight. It was something that would take a lot of time to heal. Jimin was an extremely sensitive person, and an even more sensitive little.

Yoongi had just told him his yelling had forced Jimin out of littlespace. Perhaps a few days apart would help the process heal just a little bit. Give both of them some time to think.

Although sometimes separation could do more damage than good.

_

okay i'm going overboard i should just turn this into a whole separate book