twelve

Jimin had been in littlespace quite a lot these past few days, not that Yoongi minded. He loved Jimin little or big.

Though with only a few close friends knowing of their situation, and them also having lives and working, Yoongi has been taking time from his own job to take care of Jimin, but now that's caught up with him.

"You have three days to finish the song, Min, or you're fired." the rough voice from the other end of the phone came, startling Yoongi back into reality.

"Three days?! That's not enough time—!" Yoongi tried to protest, the smile wiping from his face, when his boss hung up abruptly. Jimin, who was cuddled up in his Paw Patrol blanket looking like a cute little mochi, looked up at the distressed face on his caregiver.

Yoongi threw his phone down in frustration and kicked the table leg, quickly regretting it when a spike of pain shot up his leg and he gripped it in agony.

"Daddy?" questioned Jimin, speech sounding young from the pacifier tucked comfortably in his mouth.

"Daddy has to go and work in his office now, will you be a good boy and watch TV for me? Draw me a pretty picture?" he asked the younger in a rush, cheeks red from suppressing his rage to his boss.

"Yes! Minnie will draw the bestestest picture for Daddy!" the smaller male exclaimed happily, rushing for his gel pens and crayons.

"Good boy, baby. Daddy loves you." he quickly kissed Jimin's soft bedhead and dashed to his office with a limp.

Jimin didn't think anything of it, and got a clean sheet of paper and setting it down nicely, pens and stickers aside messily.

In the middle of drawing, his stomach grumbled and he was beginning to crave chicken nuggets, so he got up and jogged to the room his Daddy was in, opening the door with a thud.

"Daddy, Minnie s'hungry!" he pouted cutely. Yoongi sighed and kept his back to the younger.

"Daddy's busy, Jiminie," he said quickly, too immersed in his work to register the question.

Jimin frowned, not used to being ignored. He stomped his foot lightly, cranky from no nap time and hunger.

That still didn't get his Daddy's attention.

"Minnie wants chicken nuggies! Dinorawr ones!" he pleaded, pouting harder. Yoongi turned this time, a look of slight annoyance on his face.

"Daddy's busy right now, baby, go and get the sliced fruit from the fridge for a snack. I'll make dinosaur nuggets later, okay?" he said softly. Jimin huffed but nodded, leaving the office door wide open.

Jimin grabbed the fruit slices from the plastic container and opened them up. He began gobbling them down and drawing at the same time, though he couldn't help the lonely feeling in the room.

Once the fruits were gone and the picture was done, also covered in sticky fingerprints of strawberry juice, Jimin stood up proudly.

He skipped to the office, door now completely shut, but he didn't mind as he pushed it open quickly, causing the door handle on the other side to create a startling bang.

"Daddy, lookie! Minnie finished! Come look, see!" he walked over, picture clasped in his little hands.

"That's nice, Minnie," mumbled Yoongi, not sparing the picture a glance. Jimin frowned, shoving the picture in front of the elder and on top of his worksheets.

"Jimin, I'm working here. Go and play, okay?" he said, putting the picture aside carelessly. Jimin felt hurt but crossed his arms and stomped his socked foot on the wooden floor.

"Daddy is ignoring Minnie!" he accused angrily, brows creased. Yoongi looked up, a clear look of anger on his face.

"Are you being a bad boy? Can't you see Daddy's working?" he asked the little in a dangerously low voice, breathing angry puffs of air. Yoongi expected Jimin to frown and look down in shame at what he had done, but instead a familiar glint sparkled in his eyes.

"No! Daddy's meanie!" he exclaimed angrily, stomping both feet. Yoongi closed his eyes and inhaled, trying to regulate his breathing.

"Go to your room. Now." he ordered calmly, though his tone was hard and cold as if he had shouted it.

Jimin's eyes teared up, though his little rebellious act hadn't ended yet and he grabbed the pile of paperwork and threw them on the ground, causing them to fly about like a gush of wind had just come through.

Jimin's eyes widened, shocked by his own actions. Yoongi couldn't look angrier, eyes wide, face red and nose flaring. Jimin turned to him, about to apologise.

"GO TO YOUR ROOM! NOW!" he shouted at full force, standing up threateningly. He brought his hand up to grip at his hair, causing the younger to flinch in fright, quickly running out of the room with trembling legs.

Yoongi's face fell when he realised what he had done. Shouted at his little and caused him to flinch, already knowing of his childhood.

He took a breath and swallowed, leaving his office and looking for the younger. He felt a pang in his heart upon hearing the sobs coming from their closed bedroom.

***

Jimin hid under the comforting covers, eyes puffy and red and cheeks wet with warm tears. He sniffled and hugged his stuffie, Syubbie.

He'd been ignored and shouted at, even if he did throw a tantrum. He's never been shouted at before. He had locked himself in the bedroom, and it could be unlocked from the outside but he didn't know that.

It was around 10 minutes of crying under the covers when he heard a soft knock on the door.

"Baby boy?" came Yoongi's muffled voice, now tender and sweet, full of love, "Daddy's so sorry, baby. He didn't mean to scare you and shout at you."

Jimin just whimpered, but kept listening.

"Daddy's been so stressed with work and he took it out on you, and I know that's not an excuse, baby, but Daddy's very, very sorry. Can baby forgive me?"

The little sniffed one more and felt a new set of tears coming, but not from sadness. He thought Yoongi hated him, but he was the one apologising.

Jimin opened the door after a quick struggle with the lock, and flung himself at Yoongi who seemed surprised, but quickly consoled him.

"Minnie s-so sorry, D-Daddy! D-don't ha-hate Min-nie!" he sobbed, stuttering over his words. Yoongi's heart ached again and he stroked the boy's hair.

"No, no, baby, Daddy will never hate you. You did nothing wrong, little one. Daddy shouldn't of shouted at you and ignored you." he whispered reassurances in Jimin's ear until his crying died down.

"Minnie lov-love you, Daddy," he hiccuped, burying his face in the elder's chest and smelling his cologne. Yoongi smiled fondly.

"I love you too, baby boy, so, so much. Are you still hungry? Daddy made chicken nuggets," he said and the younger perked up, eyes shining.

"Yes, yes, Minnie s'hungry! But what about Daddy's work?" he asked curiously. They were still sat on the floor, Jimin in his lap.

"I called my boss and told him to give me more time or he won't get the song at all, I've got another two weeks now. You're more important than work, baby. Daddy just got stressed." he apologised once again.

"Minnie sorry for throwing papers," the smaller male mumbled guiltily, but Yoongi just smiled adoringly at his lisp.

"It's all right, bubs. Let's go get some chicken nuggets." Yoongi picked him up easily, and they began walking to the kitchen. The chicken nugget smell was fresh in the air.

"Dinorawr ones?"

Yoongi chuckled. "Yes, baby boy. Anything for you."