twenty-nine

( adorably adorable request by @thecutiemochi sorry for the super duper hella wait )

When Jimin woke up, he was alone.

His head was throbbing painfully, the pressure feeling as though he was going to explode. He was hot all over despite the window open slightly, a comfortable draft drifting through, and no blankets covering him. The brunette strands of his fringe weren't the usual feathery soft they were in the morning, but damp with sweat, sticking together and to his forehead. It hurt to swallow and he had no energy to move.

It sent him deep into littlespace.

"Daddy!" he cried, voice sore and hoarse. Tears leaked out and his chin dimpled, chapped lips trembling. "Daddy!"

Within moments, the bedroom door burst open and Yoongi shot in, onyx eyes all wide and fearful for the well being of his baby. He was panting slightly, probably having had run the entire length of the apartment (although it wasn't much). Upon seeing the tears trailing fast down the little's pale cheeks which were usually flushed with colour.

"Baby boy, what's the matter?" he asked, pulling the younger into his lap, feeling just how hot and sweaty he was. He caught on quickly, placing his bony hand on Jimin's damp forehead. "Is baby all icky? Poor sweetheart," he cooed, hugging him close.

Jimin sniffled. "Y-Yeah, Diminie's icky, Daddy," he croaked out, resting his head on the older's shoulder as he got rocked gently from side to side. "Feels sick."

"You're all right, baby," Yoongi soothed the sick little, not caring if the microscopic bacteria made themselves home on his own skin. He hoisted Jimin into his arms, grunting slightly under the dead weight.

"Noo, Minnie's tired, Daddy...Wanna sleep. Head hurts." Pearly droplets rolled down Jimin's wet cheeks again, his lips shaking as pitiful and heart-wrenching cries poured from them endlessly. It pulled on Yoongi's heart so hard he could almost feel physical pain forming in his chest tightly.

"I know, I know, bug. But Daddy needs to cool you down," Yoongi explained. "It's bad if baby gets too hot, yeah?"

"Jiminie's hot."

Yoongi stifled a laugh, the two words completely innocent in sound and context, though could easily be taken a different way that wouldn't be too innocent.

"I know, darling. Daddy's going to cool you down, yeah?"

Jimin whined and buried his damp face in the tight crook of the rapper's neck, tongue wiping over his dry lips before attaching themselves to the pale complexion of his boyfriend, suckling like a pacifier. Yoongi startled, nearly dropping the baby in his arms but quickly steadied himself and readjusted Jimin, making his plump lips leave the section of his neck, now red and purple hued, a sore spot.

"Paci, Daddy," Jimin mumbled, attempting to suck the coloured mark again until the pair reached the bathroom and the older of the two placed Jimin in the bathtub. The sick little cried out at the sudden coldness of the white porcelain tub, attempting to scramble out with weak arms. Yoongi cooed and shushed him quietly, stripping him from the sweat-soaked items of clothing and dumping them in the dirty laundry basket, the faint odor wafting throughout the room.

"S'cold, Daddy," Jimin mumbled.

Yoongi hummed in sympathy, grabbing a clean hand towel and wetting it under the cold water tap before giving it a mild squeeze.

"This'll cool you down, sugar," Yoongi assured. He began patting the younger boy down with the cool rag, mostly his forehead and neck. Eventually Jimin relaxed enough and began to cool down so the older went and got some clean clothes, dressing his baby carefully before carrying him to the living room, settling him on the couch comfortably.

"Paci?"

"Daddy'll go and get your things now, baby boy," Yoongi said.

The caregiver left the younger on the couch but not without switching on The Octonauts and gently telling Jimin to stay put and rest. He fetched blankets, pillows, a hot water bottle with a fluffy monkey protector over it, and some fuzzy socks with kitten prints on, and of course Jimin's yellow dummy with crescent moons on with glimmering orange gems. It was a bit of a struggle balancing all the items back, but he managed. The smile on Jimin's face was worth it.

"Monkey water bo'le?"

"To keep Jiminie all warm," Yoongi replied, handing the object to the woozy little. "Open," he murmured, popping the pacifier inside the little's mouth. Jimin curled up with his blanket and water bottle, sucking lazily as he blinked owlishly up at the elder, barely getting the energy to make grabby hands.

"Cuddles?"

Yoongi didn't care if he got sick, not one bit.