eight

"Jiminie, are you dressed, baby?" Yoongi called down the hall where little Jimin was. Yoongi usually helped Jimin dress, but the younger insisted he was going to dress himself like the big boys do.

A few thumps were heard before a he received a soft reply, "Nearly, Daddy!"

Yoongi chuckled to himself and shook his head in amusement, packing the rest of the food for their picnic. They were meeting up with all of their friends at the meadow. People rarely went there, so they'd have some privacy and lots of space for the littles to play and run about.

He decided to be "that caregiver" and pack healthy snacks including shiny red apples, sliced fruits, celery sticks with organic peanut butter and apple juice boxes. No doubt Seokjin will pack cakes from his cafe and Taehyung would be manipulated by Jungkook's big, puppy eyes into bringing biscuits and candy.

Once they were neatly and securely strapped into the basket, he closed the lid and turned to call out for Jimin once more, but the orange haired boy had already entered the kitchen lugging a large suitcase.

"Minnie's all packed, Daddy!" he exclaimed proudly, huffing as he dropped the suitcase to the marble ground. "Minnie got dressed by himself too, Daddy! Like a big boy."

"Such a big boy, baby...but why do you have a suitcase? It's only a picnic, princess." Yoongi smiled.

"Minnie can't leave his friends behind, Daddy! Has to bring all of them to the picnic or they'll get sad and lonely and scared!" Jimin shrieked dramatically, calling Yoongi to flinch at the sudden loudness.

"Inside voices," he told the little in a stern voice. Jimin quietly apologised. "Good boy. I don't think your stuffi—friends, would be sad, baby boy. What if they get dirty or lost? Remember Toy Story 3 and the teddy bear?"

Jimin gasped, eyes comically wide as he remembered one of his favourite movies. "Oh, no! Minnie won't ever leave his friends behind. Minnie promises."

"What if you fall asleep, sweetheart? Daddy will forget your friends and he'll be very upset he made his little boy sad." Yoongi tried to reason with his younger boyfriend without causing a tantrum or gloomy little.

Jimin bit his lip, trying to decide what to do. Yoongi knew he was having trouble and jumped in quickly.

"How about just one? You pick which one you want to take, and next time we have another picnic, you can take a different one. How does that sound, Minnie?" Yoongi asked. Jimin nodded.

"Okay, Daddy. Minnie will pick... Syubbie!" he giggled, opening the leather suitcase with his short, chubby fingers. The lid popped open, and various stuffies bounced out.

Yoongi smirked in amusement, watching Jimin locate the stuffed turtle. He jumped forward, not caring for the ones on the floor anymore, which the elder found odd considering he looked distraught about leaving them a few moments ago.

"Minnie and Syubbie ready. 's Daddy ready?" Jimin lisped, chocolate brown eyes shining. The mint haired man placed a gentle hand on his puffy cheek, Jimin leaning into the soothing touch.

"Yeah, baby. Daddy's ready. Let's go."

***

The couple were the last to arrive at the meadow, which was no surprise. Seokjin had already set up the picnic blanket and placed sturdy rocks in the corners so the light wind wouldn't blow it away. A cooler and two picnic baskets were beside him.

"They're here!" squealed Jungkook, jumping excitedly on the spot. Jimin ran forward with Syubbie, engulfing the youngest in a bear hug, the others following after.

"Took you long enough," Seokjin sighed. "I had to control them all except Hoseok, and Taehyung isn't even a little."

"We had a long discussion about stuffies before we left, hyung. I'm sure you understand?" Yoongi asked sarcastically with an eye roll and Seokjin just laughed, sounding much like a windshield wiper.

They came to the meadow at least twice a year. It was a beautiful and spacious place perfect for picnics or just a lovely walk in the forest surrounding it. It had patches of colourful flowers ranging from daffodils to lilies and tulips. By the end of the day, the sky would turn a gorgeous medley of oranges, pinks and blues, a calming scenery.

"Daddy, can Minnie go make flower crowns with Kookie and Joonie and TaeTae?!" Jimin pleaded, Syubbie clutched safely under his armpit. Yoongi smiled and nodded.

"Of course, but don't pick the daisies. You'll get a rash." Yoongi informed and Jimin nodded before dashing off towards the others, leaving just the three eldest behind.

"How come you're not with Jihee? You could've invited her, too." Yoongi said to Hoseok. He sighed.

"We broke up," he replied, taking his two hyungs off guard. "She has this other guy. I shouldn't of been surprised when she announced it. She'd been secretive and distance for weeks."

"Oh, Hobi, I'm sorry," said Seokjin sadly, giving him a friendly pat on the back. He shrugged.

"You're all right, though? I mean, you were together for two years." Yoongi commented, eyebrows furrowed in worry for his childhood friend.

"We knew each other for 2 years, we dated for 9 months. I'm all right. I feel more free now. I loved caring for her in littlespace, though. If I'm being honest, that's probably the only reason I dated her." he admitted shamefully. Seokjin huffed a laugh, glancing towards the four making flower decorations. They were laughing gleefully.

"You'll find someone else, Hobi. You're a great guy and an even more fabulous Daddy." Yoongi chuckled.

"Whatever you say, Yoongs," teased Hobi. Yoongi gave him a shove and Seokjin laughed loudly. Jimin and the others rushed forward, their hands cupping something.

"Daddy, Daddy, Minnie maked you somethin'! I surprise!" giggled Jimin, opening his palm, revealing a small, beautifully made flower crown. The stems weren't tied properly and the whole thing would fall apart at a sudden movement so Yoongi placed it on his head with care.

"It's beautiful, bug. Daddy will keep it forever." he grabbed his little, yanking him onto his lap without hurting him. He cuddled him, hands around his waist and chin resting on his orange hair.

"Kookie made one for you too, SeokSeok!" Jungkook blushed, handing Hoseok a small flower crown made from yellow and pink flowers.

"Thank you so much, Kookie! You're such a nice little boy, aren't you?" cooed Hoseok, causing the youngest little's cheeks to boil.

"Joonie is nice too," Namjoon whispered shyly, cuddling into Seokjin's side. Both of them wore matching flower crowns. Seokjin pecked the top of Namjoon's soft blonde hair.

"Yes, prince. Daddy's nice little boy."

***

The skies began darkening and the sun disappearing over the horizon. They had eaten the majority of the snacks, and as he predicted he brought the most healthy snacks, but Seokjin managed to bring some too.

Jimin began moaning and complaining of stomach ache on the ride home, lips covered in melted chocolate and sugar.

"I know it hurts, baby boy, but Daddy did tell you not to each too much sugar. We'll get your teeth brushed and into bed with a paci, okay?" Yoongi reasoned and Jimin nodded silently, eyes already drooping.

By the time they got home and into their pajamas, brushed their teeth and washed their face, they both clambered into bed.

"Goodnight, baby boy. Daddy loves you." Yoongi whispered, cuddling close to his little boy.

"Minnie wubs Daddy so, so much," Jimin murmured sleepily, paci slurring his speech slightly. Yoongi kissed him once more and it went silent for a few minutes until Jimin broke it, worry in his voice.

"Daddy, where's Syubbie?" he asked and Yoongi snapped his eyes open, looking like a startled cat in the dark.

"Shit."

Needless to say, Yoongi ended up driving a crying little back to the meadow in the middle of the night to retrieve a stuffed animal.