thirteen

Jimin sat huddled in his Paw Patrol blanket, resembling a burrito. His head lay on Yoongi's thigh. Soft fleeces covered the couch with various cushions, surrounding them both and looking much like a cuddly fort.

Yoongi's calloused hand carded through his now blonde hair gently, blunt fingernails scratching his scalp comfortingly. If Jimin were a cat, he was sure he'd be purring right now.

"Drink up, pumpkin. Don't want you getting dehydrated," Yoongi said, leaning forward slightly to grab the sippy cup filled to the brim with apple juice. Jimin lazily spat his paci out and latched onto his sippy, holding the green handles with his small hands.

He redirected his attention to The Lion King on the TV, subconsciously sucking the life out of the plastic cup, until all he felt was air.

"Dada, Minnie's juicey all gwone!" he exclaimed cutely, apple juice on his plump red lips. Yoongi chuckled, taking the cup.

"Good boy, baby. Daddy'll go and get you another." he pecked Jimin's blonde locks and left for the kitchen, quickly returning with another juice filled sippy cup.

"Tank you, Daddy," grinned Jimin, immediately drinking the apple juice.

"You're welcome, bubba. Daddy's gotta go make a few phone calls for work, and then Uncle Jinnie. Will you be a good boy and stay here?" he asked the little, eyebrows raised. He got a happy nod in return.

"Yes, Daddy. Minnie be the bestest goodest wittle boy ever!" Yoongi smiled as his baby's adorable vocabulary, gums on display.

"Love you," he ruffled the younger's hair and left for his office, leaving Jimin alone.

Jimin was no longer feeling lazy and left the castle made of pillows, just as the credits of his movie began rolling. He had drank his second sippy cup for the day.

"Minnie keep dee-dy-dated for Daddy," he giggled to himself, toddling to the kitchen and opening the fridge. He saw his pack of tropical fruit juice boxes, grabbing all of them and making his way back to the living room.

"Flavour orange," he said, reading the writing on the first one. He managed to unwrap the blue straw and stick it in after a few failed attempts, then began drinking.

He grabbed his colouring book, opening it to a fresh, clean page of an uncoloured flower pot. He sucked and coloured in at the same time, listening to his Daddy's muffled voice down the hallway.

Each flower in coloured in, he drank another juice box. Six beautifully coloured flowers and six empty cartons. Jimin felt a familiar pressure in his bladder and wiggled on his spot.

"No, no, pee-pee. You stway inside 'cos Minnie's gotta finish pretty picture for Daddy, can't go potty yet." he said, rushing to colour the leaves different shades of green.

The pressure grew and grew, and Jimin wiggled and jumped uncomfortably, and only decided to go to the toilet when it turned painful.

But it was too late.

Jimin stood up, thighs squashed together as he tried to waddle towards the bathroom, the ajar door teasing him from down the hall. He felt the first leak and couldn't stop himself, collapsing to the wooden floor, his short legs in a W position. A soft hissing sound filled the air.

He was peeing his pants, peeing on the floor of the living room. He sobbed.

He sat there peeing, unable to stop himself. It felt good, having the relief of an empty bladder by the time he stopped, a faint yellow puddle surrounding him. Tears trailed down his red cheeks, and he didn't know if they were red from embarrassment or his crying.

"Jimin, baby, what's—" Yoongi's voice stopped once he entered the room and saw his boyfriend sat crying on the floor, an unmistakable puddle of pee around him. The smell was strong and filled his nostrils, eyes glancing towards all the empty cartons of fruit juice.

"Da-Daddy!" bawled Jimin, not daring to look up to see the look of shame and disappointment on his caregiver and boyfriend's face. He felt two fingers underneath his chin, gently lifting his face up.

His teary eyes hesitantly met the brown hues of Yoongi's eyes. They were full of understanding and care.

"Shh, prince. You're okay, it's fine. You're just a little boy, right? Little boys have accidents. You're fine, Daddy's here." he whispered soothingly, the pad of his thumb wiping away the tears.

"Daddy no mad at Minnie?" he whispered, lips trembling. Yoongi was quick to reassure, picking up the boy despite his state.

"No, baby. Daddy's not mad at you. It was just a little accident because you're just a little boy, Daddy's baby boy, hm?" he carried him to the bathroom, placing him down on the closed toilet seat and as began running a bath.

"MinMin's sorry, Daddy," said Jimin, bare feet fiddling together. He no longer felt embarrassed or upset.

"It's all right, my prince. Let's get you washed up," he stripped the boy down from his soiled clothes and lifted him into the warm, bubbly water, scrubbing him down carefully.

"Minnie's smelly," he said, the smell of pee in the air and nostrils. Yoongi chuckled and lathered his skin in more soap.

"No, bubs. That's Daddy. You're all squeakie clean now," he said, rinsing the bubbles away. Naturally, his clothes also got wet when he picked up Jimin and he emitted a strong smell of pee, but he didn't mind.

"Daddy pee pee too?" he asked innocently. Yoongi just smiled and grabbed a large white towel, taking Jimin out and drying him off.

"No, sweetheart. It's okay. Daddy will get a quick shower in a minute," he told him, taking some clean clothes and dressing him.

He lead Jimin to the living room, avoiding the puddle that still needed to be cleaned up, and placed him on the couch and handed him his paci.

Jimin's cheeks reddened at the sight of the puddle and the mess of cardboard cartons squashed together on the floor and table and he began apologising profusely.

"Shh, shh, Minnie. It's not your fault. Daddy will clean it up." he whispered, settling his baby down. Jimin let his eyelids droop, sucking on the paci and eventually he fell asleep mumbling.

Yoongi snapped a quick picture on his phone before cleaning up the mess and throwing the dirtied clothes into the washer, getting a shower himself. Once he was in some fresh clothes, he settled in beside his boyfriend, heart swelling at the adorable sight.