twenty-one

( cute request by @sevenpabosandafan )

"Dinosaur"

The theme tune of Octonauts rings through the apartment, the colourful innocence playing on the TV screen. Little Jimin sat huddled on the couch beside Yoongi, suckling on his red pacifier comfortably in his spaceship footie pajamas. His empty sippy cup sits idly on the coffee table, and the Wonderpets blanket is thrown over the both of them warmly.

It's a nice atmosphere, one of Yoongi's favourites. Just cuddling his baby boy at night and watching cartoons before bed.

Soon the credits roll in and Jimin claps along - a little too loud for this time of night so Yoongi gently stops him.

"It's bedtime now, peach," Yoongi announced softly. Jimin flopped against him lazily, biting the nipple of his pacifier and whining in protest.

"No, Dada. Minnie wants to watch Occo-nauts," Jimin said. Yoongi raised an eyebrow. It was rare for Little Jimin to disobey about going to bed, he loved being tucked in and picking out three stuffies to cuddle with, so Yoongi was surprised.

"Who's in charge here, little one?" Yoongi's voice is deep and authoritative, but gentle and caring too.

Jimin shrunk into himself. "You, Dada," he slurred from the pacifier snug in his mouth, short stubby fingers fidgeting with the blanket. "'m sorry."

Yoongi chuckled. "It's all right, prince. Let's get you to beddy-bye now, hm?" Yoongi hooked his arms under Jimin's thighs and picked him up with practiced ease, carrying him to his littlespace bedroom.

"Which stuffies do baby want tonight?" Yoongi asked.

Jimin had so many stuffies that Yoongi made a rule to only sleep with three a night. It was a little trouble getting Jimin to cooperate at first, Yoongi often waking up to all of the stuffies suffocating him whenever he slipped in bed with the younger, but soon Jimin learned to only pick three and take turns nicely.

"Jiminie wants Hillary Hippo!" Jimin beamed excitedly, eyes crinkling. Yoongi grabbed the pink hippo easily and handed it to the other.

"Which two more, sugar?"

Jimin hummed in thought, before finally bursting out two names. "Nina an' Elf!"

The small caramel coloured dog was thankfully sitting atop all the stuffies, easy to reach. The elf was a bit harder but it's the biggest out of the three stuffies so Yoongi found it within moments. He handed them to his little who then crawled under the covers.

"Is my little boy ready for sleepy time now?" Yoongi cooed, tucking the covers up to Jimin's chest. The soft toys are next to him, only Nina cuddled under his armpit.

"No, Daddy! Minnie gotsa go potty!" Jimin sat up eagerly, Nina dropping to the floor, the beads inside of her soft body hitting the floor with a quiet thump.

Yoongi picked her up and gave her back, gently pushing Jimin's head back to the fluffy pillow. "You're wearing a nappy, baby. You'll be fine." He pecked his forehead.

Jimin's eyes were big and wide, pearly whites gnawing on his plush bottom lip somewhat nervously which wasn't like him and Yoongi, being the wonderful caregiver and boyfriend, caught on.

"Jimin thirsty!" Jimin blurted out, licking his lips for extra effect. Yoongi's eyes divert to the non-leaking bottle full of milk on the bedside table.

"Here you go, bug," Yoongi grabbed the bottle but a sudden car passing by outside made Jimin shriek and bury his face in Yoongi's pajama shirt, thirst and stuffies forgotten. "Hey, hey, what's the matter?" Yoongi packed, propping the bottle back down.

"T-The dinosaur, dada! In Jiminie's c-closet!" Jimin's cries were muffled from his hiding in his caregiver's chest, but they were shaky and frightened.

"What?" Yoongi chuckled. "There's no dinosaur in your closet, angel. Just your pretty little clothes and nappies."

"Yes there is, Daddy! Get it out, p-please! Minnie scared!" Yoongi felt the wetness on his shirt from the younger's tears and his heart burst like a balloon.

"Bubs, Daddy'll show you that there's no dinosaur." Yoongi stood, unlatching Jimin the koala from his shirt easily. He took long strides to the closet door and turned the knob, revealing the space filled with stuffies and his clothes and nappies.

A motorbike passed outside, engine loud and roaring. Jimin screamed, diving under the duvets, visibly trembling.

"Daddy! It gon' eat you!" he cried. The sheets were pulled from him. The sight of Jimin curled up, chubby hands covering his wet eyes was heartbreaking.

"I'm okay, baby," Yoongi murmured, picking him up. Jimin's never been scared of a dinosaur in his old room. They used to keep all his littlespace supplies in their shared room, but it got to be too much so they turned the unused office into his little room where he often slept when he was little. They even had a giant crib in the corner for when he was in babyspace but right now all of his stuffies were using it as a toy box, or as Little Jimin called it, their cot.

"D-Dinosaur scary..." Jimin mumbled. Yoongi carded his hands through the younger's blonde hair gently.

"Sweetheart, there's no dinosaur. Daddy checked." Yoongi's brows pinched together. He didn't know what to say to soothe his little, and it made him feel completely useless and a terrible caregiver.

"Scary," Jimin repeated.

Engines of cars were passing by even at this time of night, which wasn't unusual. Their apartment complex was built right in front of a main road, but this was the only bedroom that had direct view of the passing vehicles.

Jimin whimpered, his fingers now digging into Yoongi's frail skin and leaving crescent shaped marks behind.

Yoongi hissed, unlatching the poor boy. "There's no dinosaur, plum."

"Yes, Dada, 's growlin'!" Jimin's lashes were watery and his eyes were red rimmed. Yoongi cooed. "Scary!"

"It's growling?" Yoongi asked. Jimin nodded in confirmation. Yoongi listened, the room turning silent aside from Jimin's pitiful sniffling and the engines of the cars outside.

Yoongi let out a boisterous laugh when he realised exactly what the dinosaur was, and began tickling Jimin. The 22 year old immediately squirmed and laughed, loving the late night tickles. After a moment the older stopped and let Jimin recover with a few airy laughs.

"W-Why tickle Jiminie?" Jimin asked, voice breathless and arduous.

"Jiminie's silly." Yoongi bopped his nose. "There's no dinosaur, sweets. It's just all those loud cars outside. The window is next to your closet."

It took a minute for Jimin's mind to process it, before he looked up at his caregiver with big, round shining eyes. "No dinosaur?"

Yoongi grinned. "No, baby. Daddy's positive that if a dinosaur did live in your closet, it would be a very friendly one."

"Fwiendly dinosaur?" Jimin yawned.

"Yes. Do you want to come sleep with Daddy tonight?" Yoongi asked. Jimin would probably need a few days of reassurance that it was only the traffic and certainly not a dinosaur.

"Mm," Jimin agreed. His eyelids fluttered closed, shoulders slumping in a relaxed manner. Yoongi grabbed the purple pacifier from the bedside table and parted Jimin's plump lips, sticking the object between. Jimin began suckling happy, a content sigh leaving him.