twenty-eight

happy (late) easter !! i hope you got lots of chocolate or treats or just had a good day :)

They had never done this before.

Yearly holidays, especially Christmas, were extremely excitable and important to littles. The way they squealed on the spot when opening their advent calendar and counting down one more day until Santa Clause came, or how they picked up their wrapped birthday gifts and shook them to hear what's inside, with all colourful cake crumbs around their lips which were stretched into a cheerful grin. Wearing childish costumes as they swung around their Halloween baskets full with candy. It made their caregiver's see another simple event turn to a precious time for their little family and it warmed their hearts.

Then there was Easter.

Yoongi, not wanting to provide Little Jimin with a sugar rush and upset Big Jimin by giving him lots of chocolate eggs, usually provided a small basket filled with Easter related treats such as a cuddly rabbit toy with some eggs shaped as chalk, an Easter themed colouring book and perhaps a few Malteser mini rabbits. Seokjin would have icing covered biscuits shaped as chickens, rabbits and eggs ready for them or cookies filled with Smarties, and the littles would have one or two with a glass of milk then play with their new Easter gifts until the next day came and it was forgotten.

But this year Taehyung had decided he wanted to surprise the littles with an egg hunt.

"An egg hunt? Like, the one in the local park?" Yoongi asked sceptically. As seven grown men they'd definitely be found sketchy without any actual kids to join in and they'd be kicked out or confronted by big mother's. It'd just upset the littles and ruin their Easter, besides, Yoongi may or may not have already built up a basket filled with delightful goodies for his baby boy.

"They'd love that," Seokjin mused, not glancing up from his phone, "but the event is for actual children."

"Then why don't we make our own?" Hoseok spoke up, heart shaped grin and all. "Jin-hyung, you have a big back garden. We can use that and hide little eggs everywhere and give them their own baskets. Imagine how excited they'll be."

Yoongi hummed. He liked the idea, too. He could just imagine how Jimin's face would light up at the announcement. Rosy hued cheeks, lips parting into an oval shape before eventually turning into a bright smile, eyes morphing from wide and disbelieving to small crescent shapes. He'd giggle and run around in his cute dungarees, basket in hand.

"We'd have to hide a lot of eggs, and I don't want Jiminie eating too much chocolate along with Jin-hyung's Easter cookies," Yoongi said, arms folded. "Say what you want, but I actually want my little to eat healthily."

"You practically give him seven kinds of vegetables every night for dinner," Hoseok remarked. "A little chocolate won't hurt."

Before the grumbling male could reply with a snarky comment, the eldest spoke.

"Then how about plastic eggs? Simple, hollow colourful plastic eggs. They'd be a lot cheaper, too," he suggested.

Taehyung huffed, cuddling into his boyfriend's side. Yoongi didn't know when that happened, but he did see how Hoseok had begun hanging out more with the two youngest and before he knew it, Hoseok and Taehyung were pecking each other with Jungkook, more often than not the rabbit faced boy was being bottle fed by him. Of course he didn't mind, he was happy his childhood friend had found someone, or rather two people that he already knew closely.

"Plastic eggs? What fun is that? Jungkookie's used to chocolate, how do you think he'd feel from having chocolate Easter eggs to tiny plastic ones?"