thirty-two

Angry Daddy P1.

TW

The sound of a ball pattering on the wooden floor echoed throughout the apartment, along with a certain little's playful giggles and the cheerful yips of a puppy, paws clattering excitedly against the ground.

Upon hearing the unusual but familiar noise, Yoongi slips into the lounge with Jimin's Peter Pan sippy cup in his hands with a dish of peanut butter and celery, topped with raisins. Ants on a log, as the little calls it.

"Daddy, look, Jiminie dibbles!"

There Yoongi was met with Jimin clad in his dungarees and cute baby blue sneakers along with some white frilly socks, a spotty bouncy ball Taehyung had left behind between his small hands, bouncing it up and down like a basketball, rather clumsily. Yoongi set the items down just in time to catch the ball come flying forward, swiftly reaching out with ease.

He raised at eyebrow at the sheepish looking little, Holly still barking happily.

"It's dribbles, baby," the caregiver corrected, attempting to look stern but his pink lips twitched, his amusement to the situation showing just slightly but even so, Jimin didn't catch on. "What did Daddy say about playing ball inside?"

Grinning cheekily, shame gone, Jimin rocked on his heels. "Practice makes perfect?"

"Nuh-uh, little one." Yoongi didn't miss the way Jimin's posture melted briefly at the pet name. "That's not it."

Sighing in defeat, the little puffed his cheeks out into a pout. "Daddy sayds no playin' ball inside...'cause it's dangerous."

"Good boy, baby. Come eat your snack and watch Tinkerbell, Daddy has to go work on his music in the office," the caregiver said, hoping it wouldn't result in an upset little. Jimin was feeling rather big today and didn't need constant supervision but that didn't mean he wouldn't be clingy and seeking attention.

"Tinkerbell?" Jimin echoed, chestnut eyes trailing to the paused movie then towards his healthy and crunchy snack. "Ants on a log!" he cheered, skipping to the food eagerly and settling comfortably on the cushiony floor.

"Eat up, honey. Daddy wants to see your plate clean when he comes to check on you, all right, pumpkin?"

Already munching on a stick, eyes glued to the screen, Jimin nodded happily.

It was only then, 20 minutes later, that Jimin's focus had drifted from the TV. He had seen Tinkerbell, all movies, several times and had a least favourite scene in every one. This time it was the Great Fairy Rescue, and Tinkerbell was attempting to fix the broken moonstone while distracting Terence who was being interfering but well meaning.

Staring down at his empty plate, Jimin craved something sweet and sugary. He was watching a fairy movie, he should at least eat fairy cupcakes. They had some little ones stored in the pantry from Seokjin, simple vanilla with plain frosting and rainbow sprinkles.

Just the thought of having a one...or two...or perhaps a handful, as Tinkerbell was a rather long movie, wouldn't hurt. Jimin jumped up and trudged to the kitchen with Holly hopping behind him, curly brown tail wagging happily when his owner approached the pantry cupboard as that's where his dog food and treats were stored.

Jimin opened up the cupboard and spotted the plate of cupcakes easily, curling his arm and piling one after the other on, until there was only one left (a rather wonky one, probably made my Namjoon) was left. After all, Yoongi liked them too and Jimin wanted to be a good boy and save his Daddy one. If he did that then he probably wouldn't get into trouble for taking treats without permission.