The 18th Birthday

(y/n) hears a loud commotion that startles her awake and nearly causing her to fall off the bed. She gathered herself in a ball and cursed under her breath at whoever caused such a horrendous sound that woke her up. She was actually having a good dream for once, instead of the usual horror films inside her head, she actually had a dream about her mother being alive and how her family was actually you know, a FAMILY. She rubbed her sleepy eyes and walked to the dresser to see how bad the circles under her eyes  looked. (y/n) gave out a thankful sigh that her eyes looked relatively like a healthy human being and began to get ready for her birthday.

The kingdom was in a huge ruckus getting everything ready for the princess's big day.  A servant was moving the dishes around and as she stepped back fell over a cart filled with deserts and caused a huge commotion, the king was not pleased at all. He scolded the young servant until she was streaming with tears and he excused her from her work here until forever. It wasn't like he wasn't a nice guy, he just hated when things came to his daughter and her "happiness". King Vladimus  loved his daughter in the way that was forced upon him. (y/n) killed his one true love, his queen, his everything. It was hard to look at (y/n) she looked just like Katerina, even her actions were as she would have done, always trying to be considerate and obedient just to make him have an easier time being king, this angered him, he knows she's evil and that (y/n) is nothing like Katerina. If it was up to him he would have left her to rot in the dungeon, but because of her looks and qualities it comforted him to see a hint of his beloved.  His queen had told him that day, just hours before (y/n) was born that she knows what the magicians say about their baby, that she will grow up and cause destruction everywhere, but Katerina believed she wouldn't, and she made him promise to love her and help her stay out of the darkness until the day she died. He reluctantly agreed. Ever since then he made sure (y/n) had everything she desired material wise, despite not letting her leave, he let her have books and maps and see the world through those resources, hiring governess's with world experience to retell to (y/n) just to keep her at bay; besides pictures are enough. He thought if he could keep her locked up and  occupied her darkness wouldn't be released.

--------

I was putting my (h/c) locks up into a beautiful twisted bun and started to change, I picked out the dress that I had just received two days ago from the land of wherever it was from. I don't even care anymore where they come from, I don't need all these clothes I have dresses falling out of my ears and nose, yet my father thinks it makes everything ok. I screamed a little weakly at the memory tickling my brain of when I was nine. My father had given me a dress laced with golden embroidery, and glowing with the beautiful hue of a forest green.  I asked him why he kept buying me all these dresses, all I wanted was to be hugged by him, if only once. He had the most terrifying look in his eyes, slapped me,  and he sternly said "(y/n), you shouldn't ask such ridiculous questions, I am your king you are the princess, we have each other for reasons you don't understand and part of that is giving you the most luxurious items you can have, you don't need hugs from me. You can have a hug from your governess, she sees you more." The slap burned my face, but I was often use to it. It was a rude awakening that my father didn't see me as his daughter, just a means to political terms for the kingdom. I shook away the memory as I put on the (f/c) dress, it was very provocative in the breast area I thought, but hey I'm 18 now, why not dress like it. It was floor length with a slit on both sides of my legs with a little pendant at the top of each slit with a triquetra, "I wonder what that symbols mean..." I said to myself as I heard a knock at the door. "Come in" I yelled as I stopped  fiddling with my sleeves that had three slits on each side with the same pendants on them.  It was a servant stating the birthday bash was ready for me. I rolled my eyes as I look at myself, "I hate the way the dress makes my ass looks bigger than it actually is."

-----------

'Everything is ready' I think to myself, I just have to get through this day then I won't have to see her for another year and she will be content. I left the ballroom to get some fresh air from outside and looked at the line of guests at the door. I had invited one noble from each country to come to (y/n) birthday, I would have never done this, but today was different. I was pondering the idea of marrying her off to someone who lived an awful far amount away, after all I'm having another child in six months, I don't need (y/n) around anymore, and I'll be damned if I ever let her hurt my baby.

The doors opened as nobles came rushing through, all of them were eagerly waiting to meet with King Vladimus and Princess (y/n). The nobles were all here with plans and negotiations they wanted to bring to the king, they all knew that he was going to marry the princess off to one of them, how you may ask?  because for the first time in 18 years people were going to see her.

(y/n) knew her dad had actually invited nobles this year instead of the whole castle staff, she was racked with anxiety as she glided down the hallway. She'd never met anyone else of a high status before, she hopes her lessons form Greta, her governess, were enough to get her through this birthday bash.

As (y/n) walked into the ballroom everyone fell quiet and just stared at the princess. everyone was in awe at how beautiful she was, male and female nobles were stunned beyond belief. She looked just like the Queen. Her feminine features were illuminating,  her glittering eyes just sucked you in and wouldn't let you go. Her skin was silky, she looked like she radiated of heat. No one could stop staring, especially at her in that dress.

(y/n) was beyond embarrassed and started to panic internally, but all through all she made it. The party was fairly nice, she met people from all different places and although many were snotty, she met a few who were not. (y/n) met so many people she actually couldn't put the name to the face or the face to a name. She grew exhausted and before even meeting anyone from the Kou empire or Sindria, she excused herself and slipped out. She wanted to see someone she had been waiting to see all this time... the King, her Father.

The king was talking to one of his generals in his office as he was reading the guest list and trying to figure out who would be the best candidate to marry the princess. "isn't this a little drastic picking a man to marry your daughter tonight?" the general said, "No, it is no,t general Mansley, the sooner that little wretch is out of my life the better." the general was stunned at those harsh words, " The princess is nothing more than a means to an end for me, (y/n) will marry politically and bring this country great prosperity, other than that she is no good for anything, I can't have my kingdom have her any longer. She'll destroy it." the general was curious to what he meant, he persisted with trying to stop him form marrying his only child off so quickly only to be shot down with a yell, "She is not my child, just a creature who looks just like my queen. My true heir will be born in six months from a servant woman, who I aim to make my queen as soon as (y/n) is married off." The general was in shock but kept his mouth shut as he silently left the room.

(y/n) heard EVERYTHING her father had said, for she was just about to go into his office with a smile on her face, she was so excited to just see him, but all that hope was crushed with his cold hearted words. (y/n) was racked with a stinging pain in her chest and ran silently down the hallway to her room. She couldn't believe what he had just said, he was going to have another child, and make a servant his new bride? Marry her off tonight to some stranger she may or may not have even spoke too? Her mind became a haze and she felt herself fall to that cold nudge inside her letting out a scream of pain as tears ran down her face, Black rukh surround (y/n), and all of a sudden her room erupted in flames.