Time to come clean

I was asleep next to (y/n) when I started to hear her make some noises. She was whining and making mumbles that I couldn't make out. She started to move her head side to side, thrashing her legs at the mattress, she was once again using her one had to rip and scratch at her bandage she had on her arm. All of a sudden she started to scream, her body was convulsing in every which way and her bandage had finally fallen off as it was thrown up into the air. I grabbed her and was yelling he name until the third time I said her name it made her snap out of her nightmare. She yanked herself up heaving as she had tears threatening to fall down her face. It took her a couple of seconds to realize where she was and that I was there, it was at that moment that the moonlight leaked into the room and fell on her once bandaged arm, revealing multiple scars traveling up and down her forearm to her wrist. I wondered why she always wore that bandaged, now I know. She noticed me looking at something and she looked and saw that her arm was bare and exposed, she embraced her arm into her chest, wrapping herself into a ball and just cried as she turned from me.  Seeing her in this pain made me sick, I hated to see her cry, how could something or someone make a person cry like this, especially her. I've never seen her more vulnerable and weak than within this moment. I grabbed her from behind and just held her until she started to quiet down. Once she stopped crying and calmed down she spoke "I'm sorry.." I was pissed, there was nothing wrong that she did! "There's nothing to be sorry about you idiot, if you had ate one of peaches then there would be hell to pay!" I could feel her smiling until she wasn't anymore. "do you... do you still... want..." I understood what she was saying, "(y/n), I love you..." I slowly mumbled. I can't believe I am actually saying this. She flipped around to look at me dead in the eyes. she looked astonished that I said that, I was too, all I ever did was use and throw away people. As much as I knew I should have just done that to her in this moment, but I couldn't. The thought of loosing her, the thought of me hurting her, it was to much to bear. She looked at the sheets and just smiled as she hugged herself.