Chapter One

A dark haired girl moved through the thick crowds gathered at King's Cross Station in London

A dark haired girl moved through the thick crowds gathered at King's Cross Station in London. Her green eyes looked around her in wonder admiring both the large station as well as the people around her as she pushed her trolley. However, her fears of things crumbling down from it had her continuously glancing back down to it. Especially to the large cage that sat atop all of her luggage and chests. From it the big yellow eyes of her black Siberian cat Tybalt looked up at her curiously, unaccustomed to the new surroundings or the loud noises.

The girl felt sympathy for the cat for this process was completely new to her as well. She had never before been to King's Cross and found herself curious about everything she saw. One of such things was how in the world the normal people didn't even pay any mind to the oddly dressed witches and wizards passing by them as they ushered their children to pass through a brick wall in between platforms nine and ten.

"I suppose it's time to begin reading Hogwarts: A History" She mumbled to herself as she followed her mother to that exact wall, sure there would be a magical explanation to the people's obliviousness.

"What was that Nadia darling?" Her mother's eyes looked down at her as she heard her speaking, her eyes quickly moving back to the path in front of her, not wanting to hit anyone as she led her daughter to Platform 9 ¾. Catherine Volkov hadn't been there since the end of her seventh year at Hogwarts, and now that she was finally given the chance to take her daughter to the magical platform, she couldn't deny she herself was excited.

"Nothing, I was just talking to myself." Nadia replied with a smile on her face, her voice laced with a Russian accent sounding sharp and rough in comparison to her mother's smooth English one.

Nadia had known the story of how her parents met from an early age, always curious how to people from such different worlds found each other. Catherine had been sent to Russia because of her job at the Ministry of Magic and had some business to attend to in Moscow. She had made a trip of it, taking a bit more time to explore the city. However, she managed to get lost, and desperate for directions she went to the first person she saw. That person ended up being Konstantin Volkov, Nadia's father. The two instantly hit it off and he ended up being Catherine's tour guide around town. With her mother's ability to apparate being much quicker than Muggle travel, the two made it easy to maintain their friendship and even later relationship despite the long distance between them.

However, at a certain point, Konstantin began to question how Catherine was having such an easy time commuting so much. It was not long after that her mother revealed who she was to him, and Nadia's father always said how it just made him love her even more; knowing that she truly was special, not just to him. The two got married after a couple of years, and Catherine permanently moved to Russia where Nadia was born and had spent her whole life. Until now...

"You go on first darling, I'm right behind you." Catherine gave her daughter a reassuring smile once they found themselves standing in front of the brick wall. The sixteen year old girl gave out a nervous sigh before turning to look at the wall.