Chapter Two

As the train took off from the station and began its trip through the green lands of the island, Nadia sat in silence, the only sound being Tybalt's purring as she scratched him behind the ear calmly now that he was out of his cage and in his favo...

As the train took off from the station and began its trip through the green lands of the island, Nadia sat in silence, the only sound being Tybalt's purring as she scratched him behind the ear calmly now that he was out of his cage and in his favourite spot in the world; her lap. Her mind was running with the possibilities of what awaited her at Hogwarts. She was most curious about which house she would be placed in as she couldn't make the decision herself despite how much she read about each of them or how many stories she heard from her mother.

She knew all this overthinking and worrying was doing her no good, and only making her more nervous. So instead, she reached into her messenger bag and pulled out a book her father had suggested at the beginning of the summer and now Nadia was finally given a chance to cross it off her list. Konstantin was an English Literature professor at Moscow State University before their family moved to the UK and with his line of work, Nadia was frequently exposed to many amazing works. She shared her father's passion for them from an early age.

She had only managed to get through the first couple of pages when the sound of the door of the compartment opening and a set of voices in the hall made her look up to find four boys standing at the entrance of the compartment and looking at her with surprise in their eyes.

"This is usually our compartment." The one who stood at the front of the group quickly spoke out, shocked by finding someone else occupying it. He fixed the glasses on the bridge of his nose awkwardly as he and his friends took in the unfamiliar girl. It was evident that all four of them were confused, but Nadia couldn't understand why. Being new meant she didn't know that it was common knowledge among the students that the four had practically claimed the compartment ever since their first year.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware." Nadia commented awkwardly as she closed her book and began to put it away in her bag so that she could leave. She didn't want to step on any toes, and Nadia was sure she could find somewhere else to settle down for the rest of the ride.

"He didn't mean you should leave, we were just surprised to find someone in here." Another one of the boys commented quickly, feeling guilty that they were kicking the girl out. His green eyes held a warm expression as he gave her a small smile, scratching the back of his neck in a shy manner.

"Uhh... Yeah, Remus is right, you don't have to leave, I guess." The boy with the glasses commented quickly, shaking his head as he spoke and making his messy hair fall into his eyes. Right after his words, the four boys began entering the compartment and taking their seats. The boy who told her she could stay, Remus, sat opposite of her, with his friend beside him. She took in the boy, his small eyes and pointed nose made him resemble a rodent in a small amount, but Nadia expelled the thought from her head. She didn't want to seem mean by thinking such things, even though they may not even know she had such thoughts in the first place. Someone took a seat beside her, and looking to her right, Nadia saw one of the four whose name she did not know yet.

He gave her a large smile that made the skin around his piercing grey eyes draw together. His long black hair fell down a little above his shoulders and framed his face nicely which had sharp features and made him seem much older than he truly should be.