Chapter Twenty Five

TW: Mild mentions of suicide (nothing too detailed)

Sirius and Nadia appeared on the edge of Hogsmeade out of thin air, and in the darkness that surrounded them it was doubtful that anyone had seen their early arrival

Sirius and Nadia appeared on the edge of Hogsmeade out of thin air, and in the darkness that surrounded them it was doubtful that anyone had seen their early arrival. Sirius instantly looked down to Nadia's face to see silent tears rolling down her cheeks and the sight broke his heart in two as her wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her into a tight hug. He let her cry for as long as she needed to, not letting go until her felt her shoulders calm down and move only with her deep breaths.

"I'm really sorry Nadia." He whispered once she had calmed down making her pull away from him quickly as she gave him a confused expression.

"What are you apologizing for?" She asked him, if anything she was the one who had to apologize. It was her mother that caused that scene and said all those things about him, none of which were true.

"If it weren't for me you wouldn't have fought with your mother, and I should've just left as soon as she told me to." Sirius explained with a guilty face, but Nadia quickly shook her head at him.

"Sirius, she had no right to kick you out or say any of those things. I'm sorry you had to hear it all." Nadia reassured him, her teary eyes looking up into his grey ones with the utmost sincerity.

"Don't worry about that, I'm used to people not reacting well once they learn I'm a Black." Sirius reassured her. It wasn't easy to hear what her mother said, but Sirius knew that was the last thing Nadia had to know. He was never much bothered by it when it was strangers, but this woman was close to Nadia and had an influence over her. The moment she started to speak of his family, Sirius feared of what would happen if Nadia believed her mother.

"That doesn't mean you deserve it." Nadia said softly holding his gaze and hoping more than anything that he believed her.

"Do you want to head back to the castle?" He asked with a small smile, noticing how she was shivering in the cold. When they left Hogwarts they took no coats or a change of clothes. They left in their robes with only their wands on their person and a couple of books in their bags.

"I honestly don't want to go back yet." Nadia said with a small frown. She knew that as soon as they went back to the castle people would have questions about her family, their absence and many others, and she didn't feel ready to answer all that just yet. Not after everything that happened.

"Well then how about we get out of this cold and go get some Butterbeer, there's still plenty of time before curfew." Sirius suggested with a small smile.

"I don't have any money on me." Nadia said with a small frown but it only made him give out a small laugh.

"It's my treat, come on." He said as he gently pulled on her hand and finally she gave in allowing him to lead her deeper into the village and towards the brightly lit pub. It didn't take long for them get to the Three Broomsticks, and unlike on the weekends when many students ventured inside, right now it was mostly empty with only one table occupied by some of the locals. Sirius and Nadia quickly took a seat at a table near the fireplace, letting the heat warm them up.