Chapter Fifty Two

If there was one thing Nadia disliked about Hogwarts it was how dark the potions classroom always seemed to be

If there was one thing Nadia disliked about Hogwarts it was how dark the potions classroom always seemed to be. She didn't understand the need for the classroom to be in the dungeons. There were plenty of them just waiting to be used on the upper floors. She also considered it to be quite a hazard when you think about how close it was to Slytherin common room and dormitories. If something went wrong with a brew who knows what would happen. It was exactly those things she kept on grumbling about as they made their way to the dungeons and to class.

"Well would it be really that bad if a couple of Slytherins got hurt?" James asked with a chuckle as he thought about a messed up potion causing havoc in the snakes' dormitories. The question made Nadia turn her head so she could look back at him and send him a glare.

"Yes, especially if it can have serious consequences." Nadia pointed out before continuing to make it a bit more personal to James. "Imagine if a potion goes bad, infects the Slytherins with something contagious and then they unknowingly spread it to the whole school; including Gryffindors." Her words made James' smirk turn into a thoughtful expression, one Remus and Peter drew great amusement from.

"Well, I'm sure Dumbledore would contain it before it could get that bad. And then we would all get to enjoy the knowledge that they're spending a couple of days with their head in a toilet or something." Sirius spoke in defence of James' statement with a smile of his own.

"You two are horrible." Nadia scolded with a shake of her head, but even she had a small smile on her face as she thought about Avery groaning and moaning about being sick. She entered the potions classroom, along with the four boys, and managed to contain her laughter as her eyes caught sight of the Slytherin in question. Yup, she most certainly wouldn't mind a potion going bad without any serious consequences to follow.

"I must be cruel only to be kind." Sirius joked as he and James moved over to their seats, however, Nadia stopped short and sent him a surprised look.

"What did you just say?" She asked, surprised as she found herself recognizing the words he had spoken. She stood by their table sending him a questioning look, wondering how he would know the quote.

"What? It's a joke." Sirius said obliviously. Of course he wouldn't admit to Nadia that he had read Hamlet. It would reveal his plans long before he intended to.

"It's a quote." Nadia pointed out with a raised eyebrow.

"Really? I didn't know that. I just remember hearing it somewhere." Sirius pretended to be surprised as he thought about it.

"He probably heard it from you." James joked, and it wasn't that much of a cover up or lie as he did remember Nadia saying something like that once, only in a longer version.

"Take your seats students, come on now! No time to waste." The voice of Professor Slughorn echoed throughout the classroom, managing to grab Nadia's attention and forcing her to quickly move towards her own seat which she shared with Carrie, another Gryffindor girl.