Chapter Fifty Four

Nadia's morning started out pretty good

Nadia's morning started out pretty good. She woke up to the sound of gentle tapping on her window. Slightly surprised as well as curious it didn't take long for her to get out of bed, and her rush to the window was only fuelled ever more by Marlene's yells to stop the noise. That girl could be seriously grouchy in the mornings.

Pushing the curtains back and letting the morning sunlight into the room, Nadia was met with a familiar pair of orange eyes as she looked down at the brown Hogwarts owl she had seen twice by now. It was the one used to send her the notes.

"Turn off the bloody light!" Marlene groaned sleepily, her words muffled by the pillow pressed into her face.

"Oh will you give me a minute? I have to let the owl in." Nadia replied with a shake of her head as she stood on the tips of her toes to reach the small knob and open the large window allowing the owl to fly in and settle down on her nightstand.

"Owl?"

"Is it another note?"

Lily and Marlene both sat up in their beds in an instant. Nadia could only gave them a surprised look. It was like they were more invested in these notes than she was. And as soon as they realized that it was in fact the same owl they both quickly got out of bed and rushed over to stand on either side of Nadia, curiously peering over her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, is this all it takes to get you out of bed without you kicking and screaming?" Nadia couldn't help but turn to Marlene with a questioning look on her face. The blonde only shrugged her shoulders.

"This is interesting, classes most of the time aren't." She explained in a tone that made Nadia think she should've known that answer without even having to ask the question. With a small shake of her head, she moved towards the owl. It quickly extended its leg to her, allowing to take the letter with ease before letting her back out through the window so it can fly to the owlery.

"Come on Nadia, open it." Lily urged her on making Nadia look between both of her friend's excited faces. God, she'd think this was a note for one of them. But she did as she was told, and pulled open the envelope. Once again, the only thing on it was her name.

She pulled the piece of paper out of it and unfolded it, revealing the neat cursive sprawled throughout three lines. And she read the quote which once again she recognized.

"So, what does it say?" Marlene asked as she and Lily gave her inquisitive expressions, just waiting for Nadia to read the contents out loud.

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep; the more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite." Nadia read through the familiar words, unable to hold back the small smile from spreading across her face.

"That is so beautiful." Lily mumbled in awe.

"Do I even try to see if there are any clues on it?" Nadia asked with a small sigh, she was sure if she did try it would only be a waste of time. And considering the owl came right around the time they should have started getting up anyway, it wasn't like Nadia had much time.