Chapter Forty Two

Nadia was scary

Nadia was scary. No, scary was an understatement. She was terrifying. Anyone who watched her move through the Great Hall towards the teacher's table could see the anger burning inside of her eyes. Not that anyone was really paying her any attention, to most she was just another student passing by. But her friends were. They had noticed her enter the Dining Hall, and watched as she moved past the position where the boys were sitting. The four of them worried that her anger might have been directed at them for a moment, thinking she was choosing to sit with Lily and Marlene while ignoring their presence.

But she moved past them too. Her determined steps and the prominent scowl on her face made the boys and girls exchange confused and questioning looks, none of them understanding what was going on or what she was doing. All of their eyes were focused on Nadia while Lily and Marlene moved over to sit next to them, knowing all of them would have questions on her behaviour when she came to finally take her seat at the Gryffindor table.

"Ms Volkov, what can we help you with?" Professor McGonagall asked once Nadia found herself standing in front of the professors table. She, along with a couple of others, had noticed the girl's determined approach and was quite curious to know what may have happened. She only hoped it wasn't another interaction with the Slytherins gone awry.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your dinner professors, but we have to talk to you. It's urgent." Nadia said, wanting to get out of the Dining Hall as soon as possible. She wasn't sure how much longer her restraint would be able to keep her from marching to the Slytherin table and hexing everyone sitting around it.

"We?" Professor McGonagall asked curiously, nobody had entered with Nadia, and from what she had observed all of her friends were at the Gryffindor table by now, watching her with the same confusion she herself felt.

"Mary, she had an interaction with a Slytherin she wishes to report." Nadia explained quietly and shortly. It took some convincing on her side, but after hearing from Mary what had made her so upset Nadia knew a teacher had to be informed. This wasn't just some duel in the hallways or a couple of hexes, this was much more than that.

"And where is Ms MacDonald now?" Professor Dumbledore, who had been listening to the conversation from his seat beside Minerva asked calmly as he put down his utensils and gave all of his attention to Nadia.

"She's waiting in the hallway, she was too scared to come in here herself." Nadia explained, remembering how worried Mary was about the Slytherin in question stopping her from telling the staff or retaliating for her doing it.

"Well then perhaps we should take this to my office." The headmaster suggested and moved out of his seat with the head of Gryffindor house moving shortly after him. They rounded the table and approached Nadia, motioning for her to lead the way which she quickly did, ignoring the now interested look of most students as she passed in between the tables.

However, she managed to catch the eye of one particular student sending her a glare as he watched her make her way out of the Dining Hall accompanied by the two adults. And Nadia glared right back, her eyes displaying all the anger she had felt and if looks could kill Mulciber would have dropped within seconds. Luckily for him she passed through the doors of the Great Hall before her emotions got the better of her.