Chapter Nine

"I honestly can't understand how you're capable of enduring so much time with them

"I honestly can't understand how you're capable of enduring so much time with them." Lilly commented as she and Nadia found themselves sitting at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall and using some of their free time in between classes to grab some lunch. Lily's comment sprung from Nadia telling a story of how Peter managed to make a fool of himself in herbology as he ate a flower that James convinced him tasted like honey... It definitely didn't taste like honey.

"I mean, Remus can be alright, but the other three? They're so immature, and don't even get me started on Potter." Lily rambled on in her distaste while all Nadia could do was stare at the girl with a small smirk beginning to form on her lips as she listened.

"And I can't really understand why you dislike James so much, or any of them for that matter." Nadia commented slyly, trying to subtly pry some information out of the red headed girl. Something in Nadia kept telling her Lily wasn't truly as passionate in her hate towards James Potter as she seemed to be. Nadia believed that passion came from something else entirely. After all, it is a thin line between love and hate.

"Well... now you're just asking for me to start." Lily commented, a small scowl displayed on her face. There was a moment of silence as Nadia waited, she knew Lily wouldn't stay quiet for long, not when the topic in question was James of all things.

"He is an arrogant immature boy who thinks the rules don't apply to him. And all the awkward situation he creates by trying to profess what he claims to be his undying love for me are getting tiresome. Does he seriously believe I'd be foolish enough to fall for a prank like that?" Lily scoffed in the middle of her rant as she quieted down and took a moment to chew her food. However, Nadia could only look at her in wonder as she realized why Lily was so irked with the thought of James being in love with her. She really thought it was a prank...

Nadia did know the reputation the Marauders had for pranking, and while they had pulled some already during her time here, mostly on poor Filch, she hadn't really seen the extent of it first-hand. However, Lily thinking that James' love for her was just some cruel prank he kept pulling wasn't too surprising. However, it did make Nadia smile as she realized that James could actually have a good chance with Lily if he managed to make her see it's nothing like she thinks. Although, after five years, going on six, she wasn't sure how he could do that.

"How can you be sure those are his motives though? Why would you be so convinced it's a prank?" Nadia asked, interested in knowing more about what was on Lily's mind about the whole situation. Surely, if that was the only thing standing in the way of the Evans girl giving James a chance, perhaps Nadia could find a way to convince her, or help James find one at least. "After all... Who could refrain that had a heart to love and in that heart courage to make love known?"

"Shakespeare may have the ability to make many things romantic, but not James Potter Nadia." Lily commented after hearing the quote, making the Russian girl give out a laugh after which she motioned for Lily to continue talking and answer the question while she took a bite of her food.