Chapter Eighteen

She may have promised not to utter a word of what she had learned, and while Nadia kept that promise, the thought continuously roamed through her head

She may have promised not to utter a word of what she had learned, and while Nadia kept that promise, the thought continuously roamed through her head. There was a person in the castle; a werewolf. Nadia wondered who it was, but knew that if she started observing in search of answers it would be too big of an infraction on the individual's privacy. She couldn't do such a thing because she understood why they wanted to keep that secret.

But her mind not only thought of the person, but also the scene from her nightmares. She couldn't help but remember her nightmares had started during the week of the full moon. And the thought of it being some kind of vision crossed Nadia's mind. After all, while it was rare, dreams of the future were not unheard of. However, what troubled Nadia was that the other creatures in her dreams made no sense. A stag, a rat and a large black dog surrounding the werewolf and acting as if they were its companions made no sense whatsoever. So how could that be a vision of something real?

Such confusing thoughts occupied Nadia's thoughts even now as she sat in her seat in the Defence Against the Dark Arts class. While last class they had revised some practical work, but this time once again, they were free to do as they pleased. And unlike in other classes Nadia didn't join Sirius and Remus at their desk, but instead remained in her own, drawing the scene from her dream on a piece of parchment with a Muggle pencil. As she focused on the drawing, she didn't even notice as the class was dismissed and was instead startled out of her trance by a hand being placed on her shoulder.

"We've been freed little miss artist, it's time to get ready for tonight." Sirius said with a laugh reminding Nadia that it was in fact Friday, and tonight the celebration of his birthday was taking place in the Gryffindor Common Room. She had already jumped on him that morning, kissing his cheeks repeatedly as she congratulated him, and promised to get him a gift that weekend when the students were allowed to go to Hogsmeade, despite him telling her she didn't have to.

She began to pack up her things as she realized that he was right and students were slowly piling out of the classroom. However as she moved things around, Sirius' eyes caught sight of the drawing she had been doing during class, and surprise came over him. Nadia packed away her things and stood from her seat, managing to see his surprised expression and give him a questioning look. As soon as he realized he had been caught, Sirius quickly spoke again, wanting to divert the attention to something else.

"Moony, you'll hold my hair back tonight right?" Sirius asked as the three of them made their way out of the classroom and began to move towards Gryffindor Tower.

"Really Sirius? You promised you wouldn't get that drunk?" Remus whined which made Nadia laugh at the interaction going on before her eyes as they walked. The way they spoke made it seem like it was the usual routine.

"I have turned seventeen mate, I am of age. Of course I'll be getting drunk beyond human possibility." Sirius exclaimed excitedly. "There is so much to do now." He added happily.