Chapter One Hundred and Eleven

Camille, Lily, Marlene and Nadia stood together in front of the mirror in the girls' dorm room up high in the Gryffindor Tower

Camille, Lily, Marlene and Nadia stood together in front of the mirror in the girls' dorm room up high in the Gryffindor Tower. A small silence stretched over them as they marvelled at their appearance that night.

"You really have outdone yourself Marlene." Lily commented as she brushed down the skirts of her dark green dress. Despite James' protests, she did end up choosing a green one, and as she looked at her reflection she was happy that she did.

"Well I had good models to work with." Marlene said with a proud smile on her face before stepping away from the mirror to get a better look at the three of them from a bit further away, her dark blue dress flowing around her as she moved. "You guys really do look beautiful."

"As do you. I have the most beautiful date in all of Hogwarts." Camille, who was clad in a black and gold dress, aiming to be the representation of Hufflepuff, complimented, walking over to throw her arm around Marlene's shoulders. As Marlene didn't really have the need to get a date or go with some seventh year she's merely passed in the halls, and Camille had turned down every guy that had asked her planning to go alone, the two girls had decided to make a fun night of it and go as each other's dates. But just as friends.

"Why thank you, thank you. I know." Marlene flipped her hair back making the three girls around her laugh in amusement. Marlene's high levels of confidence were something they were all used to by now. "Okay, now let's go and wow everyone with our divine appearances." The blonde exclaimed, pointing her finger at the door and walking as if it were dragging her towards it. With a shake of their heads, the other three quickly followed after her, knowing that the boys were probably already waiting for them.

"Tybalt get out of my way!" Nadia scolded her cat as she walked through the room towards the door. With the poofy skirt of her dress she could already see the cat getting swept up in it if he got in the way any more, and she didn't want him to start scratching at it. Luckily she managed to get out of the room with no damage to the dress.

Their assumptions about the four boys waiting for them in the common room were right. The Marauders stood together, all clad in their dress robes. Peter continued to pull on his bowtie feeling as if the thing was too tight and uncomfortable.

"How long does it take to pull on a dress again?" James asked impatiently. The four girls had gone off to start getting ready hours ago, and he couldn't understand what was taking so long.

"I'm sure they'll be here soon." Sirius said with an amused chuckle not really caring about having to wait. Although he too was eager to see Nadia, especially since Marlene had made quite a point of preventing him from seeing her dress no matter how much he tried to sneak a peek.

"Merlin." Remus suddenly mumbled, and had one of them been speaking as he did, they surely wouldn't have heard him. But they did, and at first they could only send him questioning looks, but once the three boys realized he wasn't looking at them but something behind them, all three turned around.