Chapter Thirteen

Sirius had spent most of his day in the Hospital Wing

Sirius had spent most of his day in the Hospital Wing. Nadia slept through most of his time there after Madame Pomfrey brewed her the Potion for Dreamless Sleep. Despite that, he still didn't feel right leaving her side. It was only after the first class of the day had passed that Professor McGonagall had appeared in the Hospital Wing to check on Nadia and found Sirius was still there. While he expected her to tell him to get to his classes, scold him for being absent for the first, the professor surprised him by saying that he was excused for the day if he wished to remain in the Wing.

And he did exactly that, however, as the sun began to set, colouring the Hospital Wing with the orange hue of the passing light, Sirius knew he had to go. Remus needed him too, and he wasn't about to abandon him for the first full moon since the three Marauders managed to master becoming Animagi. So he made his way back to the Gryffindor tower and to the room he shared with the three boys to find them sitting together on Remus' bed as they discussed something in hushed tones which ceased as soon as they heard Sirius enter the room.

"How's Nadia?" Remus asked as he noticed one of his best friends make his way to the bed, the conversation he was having with James and Peter put on hold while they waited for Sirius to respond.

"She's been in the Hospital Wing all day, when I left she was still there, but Madam Pomfrey says she will be fine." Sirius replied as he sat down at the end of the bed, beside Remus' stretched out legs. "What were you lot talking about?" He asked, making it clear he was not oblivious to the quick stop to their conversation when he entered the room.

"We were actually talking about you mate." James said after a look passed between the boys making Sirius' brow furrow as he sent each of them a questioning look.

"All good things, I know." He said with a small chuckle, but the serious expressions on the faces of his friends made him realize the conversation may not be the most pleasant one.

"We don't think you should come tonight, Padfoot." Remus said, and if the statement itself wasn't enough, it was the guilt in Remus' voice as he spoke that made Sirius question what could possibly have happened to make them think such a thing.

"Why not? I come every month?" He asked, doing his best not to be offended by the turn of events, at least not until he knew the reasons behind their opinion.

"It's the nightmares Nadia's been having. The girls told us what they were." Peter said timidly, not wanting to anger Sirius with his words, it was obvious to the three that the Black boy was displeased with their decision.

"What does that have to do with me not coming tonight?" Sirius was now confused. He didn't understand how the two things could be related.

"Mary said that she had been dreaming of a werewolf attacking a unicorn and hurting a big black dog in the process, and a rat and stag were in the dream too." James said honestly making Sirius' eyes widen.

"It's too accurate to be a coincidence and I don't want to take the chance if what Nadia dreamt will happen." Remus said. He couldn't handle it if he hurt any of his friends while in that state, even though it wasn't under his control.